Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Times...

It was fun, as usual.

I have some pictures (they aren't all that exciting), which I will post later.

Great meeting a few new guys, and seeing the "veterans". I'm really glad I went and took part. Its great to see that alot of gusy are really passionate about the cars, and improving them. I got to ride in alot of cars this year. Scott's TC, Tom's GM, John's CV, the 5.0 Aero, Scott's Mk 7 (which I've ridden in before).

It was the first time I've been in WalMart at 1:00 in the morning...

I made it there in 4 hrs 5 minutes (little bit of traffic, compensated for with a few 100+ mph runs), and made the trip home in 3 hrs 45 mins ( a new record).

Unfortuinately I got some bad news on the way home. I had my phone off while I was there, because the battery dies quickly with all the signal searching. When I turned it on after I left, there was a voicemail from my Mom. She said to call because my father was in the hospital. Saturday they went out to eat, and when he came home he was feeling bad. Ending up throwing up a few times, and then throwing up a significant quantity of blood.

He has a high threshold for pain, but my Mom ended up racing him to the hospital. Apparently he was on the floor of the ER wreathing in pain. He was admitted and spent Sat. night there. They pumped some more blood out, and think he tore something in his stomach. A scan only showed that he has a small kidney stone (unrelated). They said his heartbeat was irregular, so they wanted to monitor him before doing an Endoscopy (sp?).

They did the test this morning and said he has an ulcer, and hypertension (high blood pressure). He's hoping to come home today, but I guess they are still going to watch him. I'll probably go and see him this afternoon again.

But anyway, I raced home, after I called my Mom. Many 100+ mph jaunts, and I went straight to the hospital. He seemed fine, and we chatted a bit... he was telling the nurse how to do his job, so I know he has to be feeling ok.

It was kind of a crappy ending to a good weekend.

But SF10 was a fun one, and I hope to make it next year as well!
    **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
    **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
    **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
    **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

i'm glad you had a good time nate....thanks for coming mang, and thanks so much for the very generous food donation!
    sorry to hear about your dad, i hope he gets better soon, and we will keep him in our prayers.

the rest of the guys that are here, went to harrys......i didnt go with today, afraid i'll get throbbing toothache back, and ruin the trip for the others.......making some calls to some dentists in a little while here, hard as hell for me, i am deathly afraid of dentists and needles.

see u next year mang!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
      i'm glad you had a good time nate....thanks for coming mang, and thanks so much for the very generous food donation!
      sorry to hear about your dad, i hope he gets better soon, and we will keep him in our prayers.

the rest of the guys that are here, went to harrys......i didnt go with today, afraid i'll get throbbing toothache back, and ruin the trip for the others.......making some calls to some dentists in a little while here, hard as hell for me, i am deathly afraid of dentists and needles.

see u next year mang!
      I wish you the best with the tooth, mang!

I wish I could have stayed longer, but with my Dad and all, its probably best I didn't. I appreciate the concern and thoughts/ prayers.

You are most welcome for the donation; thank you for putting together such a great event, once again!
      **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
      **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Hey mang, glad to see you got home ok, and that your dad is doing better. I hope to see you again next year. And those pictures

Comment

Hope your dad gets better.

Good seeing you again, see you next year! And we'll have more Seagram's!
          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Seagrams!

Hope things go good for y'all. Good luck. Hope to see you again soon!

sigpic
            - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Wishing you the best Nate, having sick loved ones is never fun.

Thanks for helping me put up my tent and keeping me company till the rest of the guys woke up. I wish I made it earlier. You always have interesting stories to tell and I wish I could have spent some more time with ya.
              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

hope you pops feels better nate mang sorry to hear. I just missed you I got off the exit ramp on the 112 exit the same time you got on the ramp to 81 north I tryed to beep the horn but I missed you lol

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

hope your dad is OK. Good seeing you again tho.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Alright mangs. Pictures tomorrow.

My Dad is fine, and came home from the hospital today. He had a large ulcer, and has gone on meds to help deal with it.

I took him out for steak tonight (the doc said it was ok), as he hadn't been eating that well in the hospital.

I appreciate the thoughts and concerns guys!

Like I said, pics tomorrow.

Comment

Yay pics!! And did you get my PM?

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
                        My Dad is fine, and came home from the hospital today. He had a large ulcer, and has gone on meds to help deal with it.
                        Glad to hear it wasn't anything too horribly awful! Still sounds incredibly uncomfortable to live with, though.
                        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Round 1:

No real pictures of people, just Pete taking pictures of other stuff.

I forgot it when we went to EZ Pull, and on the cruise.

The first two were taken from my truck, sitting in traffic, on I-81, just south of the 151 exit.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by P72Ford; 08-11-2010, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Round 2:
                            Attached Files

Comment

Round 3:

Sorry I didn't get more. I believe I took these Saturday morning, after Scott and I got back from the beer/ ice cream run.

If you weren't there then, your car wouldn't be in these. And maybe if you were there then, your car may not be in these...
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X