Tripminders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tripminders

For you '83-'89 Vic/Marquis People (and towny if you can find a place to put it).

Tripminders. That nifty little box that tells you cool things like gas mileage automatically. English units or Metric! And the time, trip, average speed, etc.

I have two. Both are from 1988 CV's. If I am not mistaken, 1988 was a unique year for tripminder wiring. 1983-1987 used two plugs down by the parking brake. 1988 used one in that location - Fuel Flow, Speed Input, and Ground all in one. 1988 used the existing clock harness for 12V switched, 12V memory, and another ground. Finally 1988 used a single connector behind the speedo for dimmer. 1989 was also unique and used a single large connector by the parking brake.

Tripminder wiring is pretty simple. I have a 1989 trip in my '88. I used the pigtail off the trip and made my own harness to the connector at the parking brake and clock. I can send 1988 EVTM pics and help you with the wiring.

Choice #1
    From a 52K mile insurance total job. Car was very clean inside and out. This tripminder is tested and working great, no scratches on the screen. Buttons work freely. Includes complete 1988 harness, cut twice to aid in removal (you'll have to splice it back together). Plug'n'Play for 1988. $50/shipped.

Choice #2
    From a 130K car. Average condition car. Tripminder looks good. I've tested it and it works. The trip button (for trip mileage and average speed) is stubborn but works if you have patience. The other buttons work ok but not always perfect (may also require occasional patience). Includes partial 1988 harness cut after the clock connector so you'll have to custom make your three wires to the speed sensor, fuel flow, and one additional ground (you can splice into your clock harness for that one and the dimmer also). $35/shipped

Can do a package deal or swap harnesses as you would like. PM to discuss prices. Tripminders are guaranteed to work or you money back less shipping!
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Offers?

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

Sold 52K Mile Trip with short harness

130K trip and full harness still available.

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

Will you part with the complete harness alone? Sending PM...
        Last edited by MrMarquis; 10-11-2010, 04:46 AM.

sigpic
        - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

PM sent back

Price on 130K with full harness (cut once near fuel flow/speed sensor connector): $40/shipped

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

All tripminders sold!

GMN Box Panther History