Need help with GT40 intake bracket mounting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with GT40 intake bracket mounting

Hey has anyone put a gt40 intake on with the throttle body facing the drivers side and managed to connect the throttle linkage and the other bracket somewhere? It looks to me like I will have to fab a bracket up. I'm almost done with my project: GT 40 heads, HO cam, 1.6 roller rockers, 65mm Explorer TB, 65 mm mass air meter, 3.73 gears. What kind of a quarter mile/eighth mile time should i be able to get with this in a Town Car?

Originally posted by 87mark7lsc View Post
    Hey has anyone put a gt40 intake on with the throttle body facing the drivers side and managed to connect the throttle linkage and the other bracket somewhere? It looks to me like I will have to fab a bracket up. I'm almost done with my project: GT 40 heads, HO cam, 1.6 roller rockers, 65mm Explorer TB, 65 mm mass air meter, 3.73 gears. What kind of a quarter mile/eighth mile time should i be able to get with this in a Town Car?
    Just grind the throttle linkage off the stock lopo tb, and do the same with the 65mm. Then just swap them.
    As for the egr spacer, you can use one for a lighting (have fun finding one) or fab up your own mounting system. I, who have no fabricating skill, made one from an aftermarket 65mm mustang spacer one night when I was bored.
    2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
    2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
    2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
    1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

How did u make yours? I have an aftermarket Mustang spacer on there with the EGR towards the front of the car like stock. The brackets are mounted on 2 studs on the stock spacer on the passenger compartment side

Comment

I have it mounted to the throttle body bracket on the bottom but the cables have another bracket like 5 inches from the end on them that needs to be mounted too. Thats the one i am having a problem with

Comment

Crappy pic, but should give you an idea.
          2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
          1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Thats a good idea..i can just drill and tap the spacer since i dont have my coolant lines hooked up to it. Thanks for the picture so quick!

Comment

Originally posted by 87mark7lsc View Post
              Thats a good idea..i can just drill and tap the spacer since i dont have my coolant lines hooked up to it. Thanks for the picture so quick!
              Yep that's what I did. Just drilled and tapped 2 holes, added that small rectangle of metal, threw 2 bolts through it and called it good.

EDIT:

Found another pic:

Comment

Brilliant lol. That looks alot cleaner than mine haha. But I am also using a egr delete plate so I don't think it's thick enough to do this.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                Big plans

Comment

Yes it's possible. You'd need an EGR spacer from a 351W lightning (Lightning F-150) the stock throttle linkage bracket will bolt right to it. As mentioned earlier you'd need to grind the throttle linkages off both throttle bodies, and swap the one from the stock tb to the 65.
                  Since you fabbed up a bracket you just saved yourself a shitload of money.

Comment

FYI I would think between 10-10.5 in the 1/8 and prolly around 16.00 in the 1/4

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                    Big plans

Comment

Working...
                    X