Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another question I couldn't answer!

If:

You put a 5.0 H.O. in a formerly 5.0 lopo CV.

You change the distributor firing order to H.O......yes

You change to an H.O. computer.....yes

You change the pins in the fuel injector wiring harness to an H.O-F.Order?

Does anybody here know if the pins in the fuel injector harness have to be
    changed? This would be a speed density system H.O. using a computer from a
    91 MVII.

I've always been told the harness is left alone, as the HO ECM takes care of firing the injectors in the new order.
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
      I've always been told the harness is left alone, as the HO ECM takes care of firing the injectors in the new order.

That makes sense!!!

Comment

What he said. I didn't have to change the order of my injectors.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
        Big plans

Comment

Originally posted by mcninetyone View Post
          If:

You put a 5.0 H.O. in a formerly 5.0 lopo CV.

You change the distributor firing order to H.O......yes YES

You change to an H.O. computer.....yes YES

You change the pins in the fuel injector wiring harness to an H.O-F.Order? NO!!!!!

Does anybody here know if the pins in the fuel injector harness have to be
          changed? This would be a speed density system H.O. using a computer from a
          91 MVII.
          no changing of pins is required

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Well, something sure ain't right!! This is a stock 5.0 96 Explorer motor,TB, Intakes, GT40 heads and short block. Running with 91MVII computer and it still runs bad and gets 17 MPG on the road!! Seams like it running rich, but no black smoke from tailpipes or fouled plugs. Also I can't find any vacumn leaks either, has new 02 sensors.
            Rough idle in drive, lurching in park, could it be that MVII computer just can't run the Explorer motor? Should I scale it back? to maybe H.O. intakes and TB?

Comment

what for egr spacer did you use?

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
              2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
              1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
              1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
              2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

how long has it been assembled and driven? maybe the computer just needs more time to adjust/learn. have you attempted to check fault codes?

fuel economy improves over time with the adaptive strategy.. about 17-23 would be considered normal.
                Give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will promptly forget that he once did not know, and proceed to call anyone who asks, a n00b and flame them on the boards for being stupid.

Comment

Could have injector or other problems...
                  Check the simple stuff first like timing and firing order.

Comment

Lincolnmania.........EGR spacer, original lopo bored out to approx. 63/65 MM to match Explorer TB.

CLD785.......The cars been done and running for about 2 months, maybe a bit loinger.

Mercracer......Injectors chech out fine, timing set just under detonation point.

Any ideas?

Comment

Um ... have you tried tuning the thing? IMO, people love to think that injected stuff doesn't require any sort of tuning because the computator will miraculously make everything work perfectly.
                      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

A bored stock EGR spacer wont seal right to Explorer intake/TB...
                        Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                        sigpic
                        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

^^^ what he said

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                          Big plans

Comment

OK, then what is the answer to the EGR spacer question?

So if Lightning EGR is out of the question, then what?

delete EGR?

Some sure way to seal it?

Some other spacer that will work?

Bore out an H.O. spacer?

And just so everyone knows, when I disconnect the TPS, the engine smooths
                            out for about 2 minutes, then goes back to surging again.

Comment

Use a delete for a mustang and modify the throttle cable bracket. Or use a mustang egr spacer and modify the spacer to accept the panther backet. Have you tried puting a new tps on it?

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                              Big plans

Comment

Working...
                              X