Completed HO engine swap pics (finally)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Completed HO engine swap pics (finally)

Just a few pics of the completed engine swap (nitrous install not complete)

nitrous plate

2011 Grand Marquis LS Ultimate Edition
    Dual Exhaust w/ AP XLerator mufflers and 3 1/2" tips, Eibach 1" rear sway bar, Pioneer Head unit and speakers, 17X8 Drag DR-72 wheels

RIP 1984 2Dr Crown Vic "The Millennium Falcon"
    Carbed 5.0 HO w/nitrous , Performer RPM intake, GT40P heads, E303 cam, FRP Shorties, FRP 9mm plug wires, Off-Road H-pipe, Magnaflow round mufflers, 2000 rpm stall
    NA-15.78@91.21, 80hp shot-14.48@96.21

Here's another

Dual Exhaust w/ AP XLerator mufflers and 3 1/2" tips, Eibach 1" rear sway bar, Pioneer Head unit and speakers, 17X8 Drag DR-72 wheels

Carbed 5.0 HO w/nitrous , Performer RPM intake, GT40P heads, E303 cam, FRP Shorties, FRP 9mm plug wires, Off-Road H-pipe, Magnaflow round mufflers, 2000 rpm stall

Comment

Looks good! Though you might get oil mist blown all over your engine with no PCV provisions...
      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
      sigpic
      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
        Looks good! Though you might get oil mist blown all over your engine with no PCV provisions...
        any suggestions? not an issue yet, but would like to do something about it before it starts.

Comment

Are you talkin about the tube on the oil filler neck or the actual Pcv? You could just get the proper size line to hook up to the pcv and get a little tiny filter from autozone and hook up the pcv line to the filter and mount it on the firewall or sumthing. You should be fine leaving the oil filler neck line open, it just acts like a vent. I ran mine open for a long time and never had any mist on the engine.

Other wise looks good man.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
          Big plans

Comment

In a SEFI setup, air actually gets sucked in through that nipple on the filler neck (because the valve is in the intake manifold, sucking up whats in the lifer valley) but right now the crankcase pressure has nowhere to go except out that nipple. In a carb/CFI setup it goes in one valve cover and out the other. I know because I effectively clogged my PCV system after the SEFI conversion by leaving the valve in the oil filler cap (thanks Ivan)
            A tube with an aftermarket breather filter is a good start but it might get oily pretty quick.
            Last edited by 85crownHPP; 08-23-2010, 07:36 PM.
            Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
            'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
            sigpic
            85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

That's a clean looking engine! You might want to get some sort of ram air cleaner as that would provide cooler air rather than the warmish air under the hood.

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
                That's a clean looking engine! You might want to get some sort of ram air cleaner as that would provide cooler air rather than the warmish air under the hood.

Packman

get one of the dual snorkel ones from a truck! i love those fuckin' things.
                sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Yeah, that's what I meant.

Packman

Comment

Nice! I would invest in some wire looms though. Looks clean.
                    "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
                    1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Working...
                    X