Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woodgrain? Really?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hardw...US_Cars_Trucks
    1984 CV tudor 351W, 4bbl, 5-speed best time in the 1/8 8.39 at 80 with 1.80 60ft time.
    2006 P71, 1988 Bronco II, 1986 Baby LTD(5.0 & T5 swap in progress), 1976 16' Hobie Cat, 12' AquaFinn
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651997 UPDATED 20100826
    sigpic

In an odd sort of way, I kinda like that woodgrain part.....but not over the blue like that. That would look really cool on the box wagons instead of that vinyl stuff.
    "Beasty Cruiser" '87 Grand Marquis LS 2-Door - Too much damage took its toll. Transmission blew, now a parts car.

Comment

thats so close to being awesome, yet so far from it
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
        thats so close to being awesome, yet so far from it
        this. reverse the two tone job and it might work.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Being a Bodyman/Painter myself I can appreciate the work that went into that paintjob alot more than someone who doesn't really know whats up can. Still, I wouldn't call a stock CV lifted for 24's, even close to being awesome. Not even in the outer parking lot of the ballpark of awesome. I am a bit biased against D.O.N.K.'s though.

Comment

I had a fleeting idea to put (vinyl) woodgrain racing stripes on my '88 Country Squire. Matching the sides, of course.

Back when I had a grey '91, I took some white Contact Paper and made 10" wide racing stripes on the headerpanel and hood (following the line of the hood bulge), even on the non-vinyl roof, and wrapped down the back of the trunk (cut and curved ends for definite beginning and endings of the stripes). Looked superb. Took them off within a day so the sun wouldn't nuke the adhesive and screw up my paintjob.

Sorry, no pics.
            Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

wow thats special !!!!!!
              sigpicTHE H.I.D MASTER
              87 mercury grand marquis
              88 crown vic lx
              89 mercury colony park ls (sold)
              89 mercury grand marquis (sold)
              00 ford crown vic lx hpp
              03 mercury marauder aka punisher (sold )

Comment

How bad do you NOT want to sell a car that you take all of your pictures in a parking slot so that there is not a single shot of the whole car to see if the paintjob color combination sucks ass or looks cool.....

Comment

Originally posted by Mercracer View Post
                  How bad do you NOT want to sell a car that you take all of your pictures in a parking slot so that there is not a single shot of the whole car to see if the paintjob color combination sucks ass or looks cool.....
                  I'm going to go with the former
                  Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
                  New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

ummm i dont get it...

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

I like the blue and orange two-tone it creates, but that's just too much wood...

sigpic
                      - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Working...
                      X