Wiring pinout question 1989 Town Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiring pinout question 1989 Town Car

I'm in the process of adding the mass air wires to the ECU connector and there is a light blue/black stripe wire in pin 50. What is that for? I have a Ford Electrical Manual for 1987 and it doesnt list anything for pin 50. Neither does FordFuelInjection.com. I know I need to take it out and move it but i have no idea what it is for

pin 50 has something to do with cruise control. It was integrated in the ecm in 88. You can pull the following pins since you're going mass air, all are cruise control related:

2 - LG - brake on/off
    50 - lb/bk - cruise buttons
    39 - lb/y - cruise buttons
    38 - gy/bk - vac on cruise servo
    35 - w/pk - vent on cruise servo
    41 - o/y - sol+ on cruise servo

if you want to retain cruise, you can piggyback the stock ecm or find a standalone cruise module from an earlier model. Piggyback info here: http://www.lincolnsonline.com/tech/00077.html
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
    X