Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacement Seats/Headrests

I can't stand the seats in my '94 CV.

I don't mind the 'thin' back seats too much, but the headrests are completely too short.

With the HR fully extended the 'rest is in the middle of my neck. I need to either get some different, taller headrests or figure out which seats are a direct swap. I wanna keep the bench, etc, but I'd like something that won't kill me if I get rearended or give me whiplash...

Any ideas?
    Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

The seats in my 2000 aren't any better, so I am watching to see what year they got better.
    I would be willing to nab some out of a donor car.
    Grant
    2000 Grand Marquis 145,000 mi.
    No mods

Comment

did 90s Towncars still have the large headrests? I know the mid 80s ones and the mid 80s Mercury had a nice big headrest that was actually adjustable to the point it became useful. The little ones suck. The Mark VII and my 83 Mark VI seats have them, and they have got to go.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Actually, I have the flat, single post headrests, I think the awesome ones from my '88 Country Squire are interchangable. I may have to go looking for a light tan set soon then.

I love the headrests in my CS, as they are the chunky triangle ones that telescope and tilt almost 90 degrees forward! They are brown though, so I need a set for my '94 to match the interior as much as possible.

I wonder how to get them out...
        Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

try sliding a long skinny flat screwdriver down along the flat surface of that headrest post. I don't remember if the stop spring is on the front or the back, but you should be able to get it to hop the groove in the headrest post that way. I'm not sure if the plastic guide will allow that though.

Barring that, you'll have to take the back of the seat off (plastic pressed on with those blasted panel clips) or pull the material up the seat (cloth all around) and then pry the spring from inside the seat.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Thanks for the tip, I really appreciate it!

Comment

Working...
            X