driver side armrest panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

driver side armrest panel

need one, has to have holes for power windows, mirror, and manual lock slider. needs to have all of the mounting holes for switches on the underside intact - that's why mine is shot - but the text on the face doesn't need to be there since it's going to get engraved anyway.

i dont know what years interchange at all but mine is a 90
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

you can repair(build up) the screw holes(mounting boss) with a soldering gun and some plastic.

Comment

you can also fill the mount with plastic welder epoxy and then once it dries, drill a pilot hole and use it again. This may require pulling the old plastic mount out of the door to get a good fill. The epoxy is pretty thick so it should run, but it takes a day for a full cure so it would probably be easier to let them sit on a table. I've been meaning to do that to a few on my 88, but the rest of the screws hold everything together, so I always forget about it... that and I don't wanna take them panels off if I don't absolutely have to.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

you guys are alright. i don't care what they say about you!
        sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Finding some of those control panels with the screw holes not all broken are pretty much hard to come by. Even the ones I replaced mine with, that looked virtually brand new, on the underside, they're all cracked up.

Comment

Josh. All you need to repair this is some JB weld (or equivalent) some threaded studs (or chopped down bolts) that slip directly into the once existing screw holes. Cut down the studs to size jb weld them into the prior screw holes..and you are done. Now instead of having a screw hold the switch holders in place you can just use a nut that fits on the studs you welded in place. I had to do this just the other day because the door lock switch decided to fall into the door arm rest because of plastic fatigue.

I too looked in junkyards for good ones, but they are difficult to find.
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

thanks...one of the screw holes is completely gone, though. snapped right off basically through the center, and the other hole is about to do the same. i bet i could still get something going with that JB weld idea, though. could probably still JB weld a bolt in place even with half of the screw hole missing.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X