adj fuel pressure reg not changing pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

adj fuel pressure reg not changing pressure

I was having a flooding prob on an '88 fuelie H.O. Mass air, 24 lb inj. It would refuse to start after a short stop, (ie:gas station). Holding the pedal to the floor would start it after much cranking. This is not good in the staging lanes....

The old adj FP reg was installed around '93 my assumption (you know what that means!) was that it was old & dead, I purchased a BBK FP reg, installed it last Sat night, with much groaning & gnashing of teeth*.
    There is no change in FP when throttle is mashed. The Vac signal is a steady 13" at idle. It immediately goes to zero upon hard throttle.

The pressure is set to 40 lbs w/no vac line. it goes to 35. When it the gas is mashed there is no change from 35lbs either static or under load.

I want to race it on Sat & have like no time to play around. any input would be appreciated.....

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

My car was having the same starting problem when mu tps died. Unhook it and see if you still have to hold it to the floor to start it. If not, you need a new tps.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
    Big plans

Comment

Working...
    X