Custom 89 Grand Marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom 89 Grand Marquis

Found this on auto trader. You probably will not see one of these again.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

Dear God, I hope not.

Comment

sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Someone spent alot of time to do that

Comment

A lot of wasted time.
          Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
          Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

looks like youd have to hang from the ceiling like some mission impossible shit to reach the engine. I think it would grow on me though, could use a better color scheme.

Comment

I'd like to see the trunk and hood up. all that work on the body... it better have an engine to match... at least an HO. Amazing craftsmanship on the body, but definitely a love or hate conversion.

considering I like to tinker with my cars... I hate it.

I do like that steering wheel though.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              Originally posted by gadget73
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

if you go through ads from the 80s, you will find that there was a lot of companies designing and building them custom roadster cars. cougars and stangs and lincolns seemed to be the most popular cars to mod.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

That's a Zimmer, looks like a Golden Spirit.

http://www.zimmermotorcars.com/

Well, according to the picture, it's a Golden Hawk. They've made cars like that off the Panther chassis for years. They're currently using the Town Car to make the "Golden Spirit."

Neat stuff. Definitely a head turner. I'd cruise one of them all day.

sigpic
                  - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

I can appreciate the 1000's of man hours that must have went into that. Definitely looks like they have phenomenal people working at that place, to build those creations. I would have to inspect it in person though, to be able to see the true quality of their work. I've seen people pump out so much crap work in my life, that looks damn good in internet pictures, and on the surface, in person from 10ft away, until you really get into it, and start closely inspecting the car, and find a pile of crap cleverly disguised as something immaculate. So, I'm quite cynical about these things.
                    Last edited by LTDMan83; 09-04-2010, 03:03 PM.

Comment

here are some more...

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
                        here are some more...

that red one looks like some bizarro toronado
                        sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

i think its an F body actually

Comment

It's based off a Fiero.

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSteakJim View Post
                              It's based off a Fiero.
                              I was going to say that's what the rear window looked like...that's all I could make out for certain
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X