mass air wiring question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mass air wiring question...

i already wired in my mass air conversion and pulled the 2 cruise control wires in the pin-outs taking up space where i needed to put a mass air wire.

I know theirs more than 2 cruise wires that can be pulled, but will it do any harm to leave those pins in the connecter tat won't be used?
    Finally have an on the books porting/custom fab business!
    HO bottom end,GT40Ps,cut/welded/ported upper+lower GT40 intakes,Comp XE258 cam,MS3X megasquirt computer,8 LS2 coils,2 dry systems + a 3rd wet,3 core rad w fans..1100hp Lentech WR AOD,custom 4" aluminum/moly Dshaft,custom rear/back half chassis adjustable 4link,wilwood 4 piston,moser 9" axles,locker, M/T 30x12's,4 staged fuel pumps,100lbs sound insulation,power/remote everything,2000W sound.4480lbs. 4.5s 0-60,12.8 1/4

The BOO switch signal can be removed too. The thermactor air wiring would be moved to different pins if you still have that stuff hooked up too.
    http://www.lincolnsonline.com/tech/00077.html
    This also has a nifty way to keep cruise control too.

Comment

There are 3 more wires to that solenoid hooked to the throttle body they are green,orange & white and they are short only about 8 inches long
      sigpic351w .030, B303, 1.6 Roller Rockers, GT40P Heads Mild Port Job,351w Lightning Lower & Explorer Upper,65mm TB, Custom CAI, 24# Injectors, Adj FPR, 1/2 Phenolic Spacer, TPS Enhancer, Shift Kit, 2400 Stall, Hi-Rev Govenor, MMC Alcoa Driveshaft, 3.73 Trac Lok, Underdrive Pulleys, Electric Fan, MSD Street Fire Coil, MSD 6AL Ignition 12.35 @114 mph spinning through 1st gear

Comment

i know the pins i can remove but i had put it all back together without removing the cruise pins, I only moved the ones that were in the way of the thermactor and mass air pins. Just wondering if having an unused pin in the plug can do any damage by being thier?

got it running tonight by the way and it sounds mean as hell and it's not leaking nothing, just needs some time to think out the new stuff and some minor tuning tomorrow.
        HO bottom end,GT40Ps,cut/welded/ported upper+lower GT40 intakes,Comp XE258 cam,MS3X megasquirt computer,8 LS2 coils,2 dry systems + a 3rd wet,3 core rad w fans..1100hp Lentech WR AOD,custom 4" aluminum/moly Dshaft,custom rear/back half chassis adjustable 4link,wilwood 4 piston,moser 9" axles,locker, M/T 30x12's,4 staged fuel pumps,100lbs sound insulation,power/remote everything,2000W sound.4480lbs. 4.5s 0-60,12.8 1/4

Comment

Originally posted by merc91 View Post
          got it running tonight by the way and it sounds mean as hell and it's not leaking nothing, just needs some time to think out the new stuff and some minor tuning tomorrow.
          How come you swapped to Mass Air? I'm just wondering. I plan on converting myself when I get the computer but it's for fixing a problem. What's your reasoning?

Comment

It's not wired up, so it shouldn't hurt anything. Just to be safe though, unplug the other end of the wire....

What do you mean by "minor tuning"?
            Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

i swapped to mass air because i swapped in ported gt40P heads and ported intakes allong with a set of 1.7 roller rockers on the new cam so i figured with the new computer might as well go with a mustang ECU and do a 75mm mass air addition. No more fluctuating idle like it did stock and i'm quite happy with how smooth and well it ran...before i blew the head gasket.

by minor tuning i mean just dinkin around with the timing and other little bits here and thier on the motor, but within a month i will get it dyno tuned by someone who knows what they are doing.

Comment

Stupid question.
                Where did you get your 75mm MAF?
                What cars have the bigger ones?

I would like to do similiar mods as you and am gathering parts and knowledge to do this.

Comment

Originally posted by Neal 97 250 View Post
                  Stupid question.
                  Where did you get your 75mm MAF?
                  What cars have the bigger ones?

I would like to do similiar mods as you and am gathering parts and knowledge to do this.
                  do a search. We've covered it quite extensively. And also check out mustang sites for info too...

Merc91-
                  As for the dyno tune-if you aren't getting a chip, it's not getting tuned. Tweaking the timing and FP isn't a real dyno tune. Expect about 6-800 for a real dyno tune.

Comment

i believe it was a MAF from a 94-95 mustang cobra.

and yes i know, i just tinkered with the timing myself to get it runnning nice for now but I am going to shell out $500 for a real dyno tune from a reputable mustang specialized shop. Thats going to happen after the tranny buildup which comes first of course.

Comment

Well, with the timing it's not a big deal. The computer can't tell what the base timing is, and cannot change it. It's also a great way to get a few free hp. Just make sure they reset it back when they actualyl tune it though!

Just wasn't sure if you were aware of what most shops consider a "tune"

Comment

alright will do, well it's nice learning all this from you guys because thier's penty of places out thier i'm sure that would see a kid like me and love to give me a $400 "timing advance and false cooler air temp" tune haha.

Comment

Originally posted by merc91 View Post
                          i believe it was a MAF from a 94-95 mustang cobra.
                          I just pulled the MAF from a '95 TC Limo I have killing grass in the yard. I tried to crudely measure it and got 75 - 77 mm. Does that sound correct?

Thanks for your help

Comment

sounds right. I think mine is off a 95 towncar or grand marquis, and its 70 or 75.
                            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

80mm Mark 8 maf on mine, with a marauder air box

Comment

Working...
                              X