Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

compatible exhaust?

Hi!

A guy on craigslist is parting out his 1999 mustang.
    He has "a pair of two chambered flow master knock-offs,you can have them for $20 for the pair"
    Are these likely to be compatible with my 1990 colony park wagon? ...Exhaust was the FIRST thing everyone said when I asked how to get more horsepower.
    Or what questions should I ask/ what should I look for to make sure these are pipes that will fit?

if there flowmaster knock off then they must be Thrush mufflers. what inlet/outlet size are they, stock size of pipe on your car is 2" you would need adapters to make it work. Plus both ends must be offset. tell him to show pics.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
    -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
    1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

There are lots of Flowmaster "knockoffs".

What would you be looking to do with said mufflers?
      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

they will work but you will need some pipe adaptors.....stock exhaust is 2", iirc mustang is 2.25" or 2.5"

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

straight pipe conversion kit?

Hello all,
          I have recently purchased an 89' mercury grand marquis. Love the car. I need to replace the exchaust system so I figured I would just put on dual straight pipes. Is this possible and if so where do I go about getting the parts/kit? I live in Mass so the age of the car meens no emissions.

Thanks all,
          JayP

Comment

talk about hijacking!!!!!!!!!!
            '88' MGM wagon (mine and my sons toy)
            "60" chrysler New Yorker (my project)
            "78" Chevy 1 Ton P/U (yard horse)
            "01" Ford Explorer (wifes DD)
            "93" Chevy Suburban (my DD)

Comment

I'll say. And what a way to make it clear that he hasn't read diddly-squat before posting! We have so many posts lurking around about how to put this or that exhaust component (or avoid a component) on your car, and just about every last bit that's required, that it isn't even funny.

But like Lincolnmania said, Panther junk is 2" all the way, and that can be replicated with Walker or Maremont direct-fit replacement parts. Aftermarket 2.5" exhaust costs about the same and can be done easily using a mix of Mustang and Chevy parts, nearly all of which can be installed OTS except for tailpipe extensions. Full 2.25" exhaust usually involves custom tailpipes from your local muffler shop.

Scott, do we have an archive thread or sticky listing all the typical exhaust PNs people use and in what combination to use them?

Comment

What does the Panther OEM muffler weigh? They look like they are a considerable amount being stainless and all. Anybody have a comparison OEM with Walker setup? Dropping some weight right there in the exhaust system would be great. Would not take that much to get mine below 4,000 lbs. A light weight battery, and not carry the spare along with a lighter exhaust might do it.
                sigpic
                2009 GM, 45,000 miles
                ADDCO Sway Bars, METCO Control arms & Watts link, KYB CVPI shocks, 3.27 Track Lock, GT500 wheels, Eagle F1 Supercar tires, Walker dual exhaust, AFE Cold Air intake, ADTR ported upper manifold, Stillen Sport Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, Hypertech Programmer, 93 tune.

Comment

Muffler? Who knows? Does it even matter?

IMO, worrying about saving a pound or two on a street-driven vehicle with a stock engine makes little sense. Production Panthers varied in nominal weight from 3450 pounds to over 4100, lots more than can be accounted for with exhaust components or going spareless.
                  Last edited by 1987cp; 09-13-2010, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X