Underdrive Pulleys Junkyard Style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Underdrive Pulleys Junkyard Style

From My Own Research I Have Found Out That The Crown Vic,Marquis And Towncars Stock Water Pump Pulleys Are The Same Diameter As Any Offered Underdrive Pulley Kit For A Mustang 86-93. So From The Factory We Are Set This Was Just Unknown To Many. The Only Difference Is Our Belt Is 6 Rib/Grooved. To Achieve The Alternator Having The Right Underdrive Pulley Simply Do The 3G Alternator Conversion. If You Have Already Done This And Retained The Same Pulley As The 3G Originally Came With Then You Are A Step Ahead And You Have Just Come To Know It. The Reason Being Is The 3G Alternator Pulley Is Real Close In Diameter To The Alternator Pulleys Offered With Any UDP Kits On The Market. Here Comes The Fun Part The Crank Pulley, Somehow Some Way Just Get The Proper Crank Pulley From Ebay,Craigslist etc. (Message Me And Ill Sell You The Proper Spacer & Bolts) For $50 Shipped Paypal Note:You Will Need A Shorter Belt Autozone P/N 480K6
    sigpic351w .030, B303, 1.6 Roller Rockers, GT40P Heads Mild Port Job,351w Lightning Lower & Explorer Upper,65mm TB, Custom CAI, 24# Injectors, Adj FPR, 1/2 Phenolic Spacer, TPS Enhancer, Shift Kit, 2400 Stall, Hi-Rev Govenor, MMC Alcoa Driveshaft, 3.73 Trac Lok, Underdrive Pulleys, Electric Fan, MSD Street Fire Coil, MSD 6AL Ignition 12.35 @114 mph spinning through 1st gear

The offset is not the same. We use a two belt arrangement vs the Fox single belt. The Fox belt is almost exactly in the middle of our two belts, so sticking a Mustang water pump pulley on will not make things line up at all. Using Mustang crank pullies won't work because not only is the belt in the wrong spot, there aren't enough of them to drive all the accessories. I suppose if you put a spacer on and removed the AC it works, but who in their right mind removes an air conditoner?
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
      but who in their right mind removes an air conditoner?
      No one.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
        but who in their right mind removes an air conditoner?
        racers, weekend dragsters, those in climates that the temps never get above 70F (Alaska, some of Canada, etc). A/C used to actually be an option.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I remove air conditioners. They are useless.
          Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
          Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

defrost works better with an operational AC system to pull the humidity out of the air. I also dislike to sweat, and I drive a Lincoln with heavily padded velour seats. AC is not optional in such a vehicle when you don't want your seats to reek of swampass.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

:lol:

true dat. Swamp ass is bad mmmkay.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              Originally posted by gadget73
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

No a/c in mine here in sunny florida. Thats why god made windows.
                1984 CV tudor 351W, 4bbl, 5-speed best time in the 1/8 8.39 at 80 with 1.80 60ft time.
                2006 P71, 1988 Bronco II, 1986 Baby LTD(5.0 & T5 swap in progress), 1976 16' Hobie Cat, 12' AquaFinn
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651997 UPDATED 20100826
                sigpic

Comment

A/c is more stuff to break. But if it works fine I won't disturb it. (Except my 91, winter beaters don't need a/c even if it ever so slightly helps pull moisture out of the air)
                  2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                  2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                  2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                  1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

who in their right mind removes an air conditoner?

Comment

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_...0056_large.jpg
                      sigpic351w .030, B303, 1.6 Roller Rockers, GT40P Heads Mild Port Job,351w Lightning Lower & Explorer Upper,65mm TB, Custom CAI, 24# Injectors, Adj FPR, 1/2 Phenolic Spacer, TPS Enhancer, Shift Kit, 2400 Stall, Hi-Rev Govenor, MMC Alcoa Driveshaft, 3.73 Trac Lok, Underdrive Pulleys, Electric Fan, MSD Street Fire Coil, MSD 6AL Ignition 12.35 @114 mph spinning through 1st gear

Comment

A person who wants to go fast,and im left-handed
                        Last edited by gstak07; 09-19-2010, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Interesting. What is it you're actually using for a crank pulley, though? Am I to understand that it's basically a water pump pulley mounted with a custom-built spacer?
                          2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Let's keep the bullshit out of the tech forums, or people are going to get hurt.
                            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I make the spacer and the longer bolts come with it for 70 shipped. Just remember some of you said it wasnt possible. Just get a bottom crank pulley from a fox body and Paypal me $70 and you have underdrive pulleys, but no a/c or smog.

Comment

Working...
                              X