swap done, small issues...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

swap done, small issues...

its running rich enough to make my eyes water and its got a decent tapping sound comming from the driver 7 or 8 cylinder with some excessive shaking on the motor and drivers side pipe.

timing is good and its only been idling for probly 10 minutes since the swap and just got mass air to so i'm not sure if the lifters need pumping up still or if the computer needs more time to sort out.
    Finally have an on the books porting/custom fab business!
    HO bottom end,GT40Ps,cut/welded/ported upper+lower GT40 intakes,Comp XE258 cam,MS3X megasquirt computer,8 LS2 coils,2 dry systems + a 3rd wet,3 core rad w fans..1100hp Lentech WR AOD,custom 4" aluminum/moly Dshaft,custom rear/back half chassis adjustable 4link,wilwood 4 piston,moser 9" axles,locker, M/T 30x12's,4 staged fuel pumps,100lbs sound insulation,power/remote everything,2000W sound.4480lbs. 4.5s 0-60,12.8 1/4

alright just ran it for 5 minutes with a little throttle and the driver side cat turned red hot, just that side though and when i give it any throttle while in gear it make a hammer like knock sound on that side.

need help asap! thanks
    HO bottom end,GT40Ps,cut/welded/ported upper+lower GT40 intakes,Comp XE258 cam,MS3X megasquirt computer,8 LS2 coils,2 dry systems + a 3rd wet,3 core rad w fans..1100hp Lentech WR AOD,custom 4" aluminum/moly Dshaft,custom rear/back half chassis adjustable 4link,wilwood 4 piston,moser 9" axles,locker, M/T 30x12's,4 staged fuel pumps,100lbs sound insulation,power/remote everything,2000W sound.4480lbs. 4.5s 0-60,12.8 1/4

Comment

What shape was the motor in? May have a leaking injector.
      2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
      1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
      1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

yeah i'm glad you said that... you know what i think i might have a leaker, i'm going to go out and swap the suspect with my 14# old lopo injector to see if it fixes it then go buy a new 19#er.

motor itself is in great shape and the other side runes very very smooth and that pipe smells ok.

Comment

alright after all that their were 2 plug wires swapped, she runs like a dream now. Not a powerhouse down low but holy shit does it pull hard at higher revs.

i'll elabourate on the whole build with some visuals within the next few days

Comment

Cool. I was gonna suggest checking the line to the MAP sensor but switched wires will do it too.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Rock on!
              2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
              1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
              1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

yeh i saw tons on the web about the map sensor but its all mass air now so the map has no line to it at all.

its pretty handy to have it runnnig good since tomorrow is my first day of school and i'm not up for a 1 hour bike ride lol.

Comment

nicely done. i'm glad it's all working!
                  sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by merc91 View Post
                    alright just ran it for 5 minutes with a little throttle and the driver side cat turned red hot, just that side though and when i give it any throttle while in gear it make a hammer like knock sound on that side.

need help asap! thanks
                    Is your firing order right? Sounds like you got two plug wires mixed up.

EDIT

Oh wow.
                    I just saw that that's what it was. I've done that enough times to know what that does. Lucky you didn't have a fire mang.

Comment

Working...
                    X