Anyone want to buy MAGNA302X?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone want to buy MAGNA302X?

God have mercy on me but my MAGNA needs to be sold asap to anyone who wants it. this is not a stock grand marquis at all. This is perfect for those of you looking to build a fox body with a 302. The shifter cable broke on me and i've had this car too long to care anymore about fixing it. because of the shifter breaking i had a small collision on the rear but the damage is not bad and fixable if anyone wants to do some body work on it as well. The motor is a bored over 302(technically a 306 since it's .030" over). The engine was built in september 2007 and currently has 30K miles with these parts installed:

306 machined block(checked for any cracks or defects of any sort)
    keith black hypereutectic pistons
    reman'd rods and crank(balanced)
    trick flow heads
    summit ceramic coated shorty headers(1 5/8" with 3/8" flange and 14 gauge steel)
    dual exhaust with hooker aerochamber mufflers and h pipe.
    1.72 roller rocker arms
    Ford racing E303 camshaft
    Weiand x-celerator intake manifold
    Holley TBI fuel injection
    March performance Underdrive pulley(does not alow for AC)
    MSD 6A ignition box with Summit Racing distributor with electronic advance

Trans:
    stock AOD rebuilt in 2005. No issues since it was rebuilt.

Rear differential:
    8.8" rear end with 3.55 gears and limited slip differential

Some other goodies installed include:
    -AutoMeter gauges (speedometer, tach, water temp, fuel, oil psi and voltmeter. new untouched trans temp gauge also available at no extra cost in same style as the other gauges)
    -B&M QuickSilver ratchet shifter
    -Grant steering wheel with Ford center cap

*I also have a brand new chrome 2G 100amp alternator that was never used for 2 years available at no xtra cost as well.

The engine runs well except for a high idle and would only need a dyno tune to be perfected. The trans shifts firm but since it still has the stock grand marquis governor it will shift at 4200rpm. this can easily be changed by swapping a mustang governor into it or installing a shift kit.
    *Transgo shift kit also available at no extra cost.
    *wide ratio gears for the trans itself available for anyone who may want to keep the auto trans but make 1st and 2nd gear wider(ratios for 1st and 2nd would match the 4R70W trans).
    For those who are carburetor fans, the fuel injection is TBI so the kit can be removed and since the car has a mechanical fuel pump still attached but disabled due the fuel injection, this would allow for either mechanical or electric fuel delivery for a carb.

The amount of parts in the motor alone would cost $5000 at least.
    This kills me to have to sell this car but I have to do it. I am in need of something practical for year around use.

Asking $3000 OBO.

ok, time for pics. please note that these pics do not show the damage on the rear of the car. The damage is only a crinkled rear fender and pushed in rear bumper.

please contact me at mrlandyacht@yahoo.com
    no reasonable offer will be refused.

This car is located in Auburn Hills, MI
    -Colin
    sigpic
    1989 Ford Crown Victoria

This is news! Got a newer ride or something?

Refresh our memories on which Trick Flow heads you used?
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Lotta engine specs changed since last time I saw it. Interesting. Does it run 13's yet?

I would think anyone that can tune could fix the idle issue- that's a DIY thing for a gearhead- Just so nobody shys away from it because of the tuning.
      Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Anyone who isn't asking about the OP's stuff for sale, don't fucking post!
        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

OK sandy.

What are the HP/Tq numbers?
          What is the fuel economy?
          What does it run in the 1/4 mile?
          What kind of tuning has it had done?
          What specific TFS heads does it have?
          How bad is it to replace the shifter cable and it is a common problem? Is it drivable with the broken cable or does it have to be towed?
          Are the rockers stud or pedestal mount?
          Do you have any current pics of the body damage?
          How is the frame?

Comment

What brand are the lug nuts?
            Do the tires still have the little hair things on them?
            What brand light bulbs are in the car?
            Do the seats emit any odor when you sit in them?
            Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
            Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

These are the heads on it now: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/TFS-51400002/

so on friday my shifter cable seized on me somehow or frayed or something. the shifter itself moves fine and so does the thing on the side of the trans that the cable attaches to but i accidentally started it in reverse thinking it was in park. problem is that the E brake was not on and i thought it was. so magna's back end hit the building behind me after rolling about 300ft or so. so, there is now some damage on the back bumper and rear fender. but the damage isnt very severe and could be fixed pretty cheap. I'll get some pics u when i get a chance to.

oh and i havent gotten it out to the track since the FI was put on. it was installed in January and when the weather got nicer it wasnt running so great so i didnt take it yet. but if it was dyno tuned i can see it running 13s. it ran 15.3 with the carb'd setup and during the time it was running good with the FI it was MUCH faster. so i would confidently say it would run into the 14s easy. after a dyno tune it would b faster. I've never dynoed it to aknow the exact hp/tq numbers.

the mpg has been around 13 but it was getting better when it was first fuel injected. idk wat it would get if properly tuned.
              sigpic
              1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

hmm, that'd make a good track rat candidate for me.

Comment

trade you my tudor GM. when i get it repainted and a new vinyl top. Would look brand new.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
                  -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
                  1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

i cant dude. my GF would kill me.

plus i need the cash so i can get a down payment on another car or buy one outright.
                    Dont get me wrong tho, very nice Tudor.

I am looking to sell as soon as I get a good offer so plz dont be afraid to throw an offer out there by PM or Email mangs.

-Colin
                    sigpic
                    1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

so i found a way to buy a dodge intrepid for a daily driver so magna is going to stay with me.
                      I'm sorry if I wasted anyone's time.
                      sigpic
                      1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

fix it and run it till it dies

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                        Originally posted by gadget73
                        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                        Originally posted by dmccaig
                        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Is it the 2.7 Colin?

Comment

i hope it isn't the 2.7

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Ditto on the 2.7.

Originally posted by Jonathan View Post
                              What brand are the lug nuts?
                              Do the tires still have the little hair things on them?
                              What brand light bulbs are in the car?
                              Do the seats emit any odor when you sit in them?
                              This is very important information. I'm shocked that he never answered you.

Comment

Working...
                              X