Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alright Mangs, how much would you pay for...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright Mangs, how much would you pay for...

This?

It's in pretty nice shape. Not perfect, but decent, definitely above average I'd say. Drives nice, runs nice. There's been an accident in the rear as you can see. Truck and tail lights.

They're only asking $595, but they're pretty desperate. He dropped to $500 right away...I'm thinking they might even take an offer of $300-400. It's been on their lot FOREVER. Started out at $1,200.

I currently have a '90 CV which is my daily driver. It's in great shape, but it has ATC and is giving me fits. The heater isn't working and it's getting cold out! I'm thinking of leaving it as my nice project car, and picking this GM up as my DD. What do you all think?
    1990 LTD Crown Victoria LX. As stock as the day it was born.
    16" HPPs sitting in the garage. That's it for now...kids gotta eat.

Based on the ad and your comments, it's a good thing it's 2500 miles away, I'd be on my way to buy it.

Pete
    Originally posted by gadget73
    For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
    1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
    1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

Yes! Buy it, you can't go wrong for 595 bucks.

sigpic

Comment

I would already be driving it.. if it was not so far away.

I would not think twice at $595... or $500

Mike J.
        1990 Country Squire LX .... Rolling around 220k miles Man is she Sweet to me.
        1976 Lincoln Continental .... 55k miles and loaded with Smiles !!!
        1990 LTD Crown Victoria Wagon .... "Fresh" project

A parking lot \ barn full of Non-GMN related vehicles.

Comment

I bought a 91 that looked identical to that 7 years ago for 500..

I'd think the trans is bad or something for them to let it go so cheap.
          Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Originally posted by mrltd View Post
            I bought a 91 that looked identical to that 7 years ago for 500..

I'd think the trans is bad or something for them to let it go so cheap.
            Good point.

Even if they aren't desirable cars, someone would pick that up at such a cheap price. Might want to look for any major issues.

That being said, if it all checks out, you need to stop waiting around.

If there was a deal like this around here, I would go to the ATM and buy it tonight. I'm not really looking, but I could probably get back in the panther spirit if I picked up a good one for a good price.
            **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
            **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
            **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
            **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

looks like the tail lights are damaged as well as the trunk lid. I'll pop the trunk and check for leaks. Other than that... looks like it's a great car and the price is definitely right.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Yeah, the tail lights are damaged, along with the trunk. No biggie. I have not driven it personally, but a friend of mine has, and he said everything seemed fine. He drove it hard too. Said it shifted fine in and out of all gears.

The price has been continually dropping. The guys at that dealer are real straight shooters, not the typical used car salesmen. You have to realize I live in Western Washington state--HUGE hippieville. Old Subarus and Priuses everywhere. Gas guzzlers are of the devil around here. I'm not surprised at all that it's not selling.

Comment

If you don't buy it, I'm hopping on a plane to come buy it. That's a hell of a deal.
                  '97 Cadillac Catera - 3.0 DOHC V6, 75k
                  Soon... Any '95+ Panther!
                  CLICK ME! Parts For Sale, SUPER CHEAP!!!

Comment

Hell, if it were here, it'd be in my driveway already!!!!. And I even have spare taillights!! (and no, they are not for sale)
                    MIKE

Comment

I like Mike would probably buy it. I need a second car.
                      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

You guys are making my decision an easy one. Now I need to convince my wife I need TWO boxes on the side of the house. If only she would listen to the Mangs...

Comment

It's easier to ask forgiveness than permission. :smirk:
                          1991 LTD P72 351 W Restored Century Police (Ongoing Project) Sergeant Vic.

It's a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.

Comment

Originally posted by watchdog View Post
                            It's easier to ask forgiveness than permission. :smirk:
                            You must not be married.
                            2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
                            1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
                            1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

Originally posted by Freshmeat View Post
                              You must not be married.

Comment

Working...
                              X