Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marauder air box in a Town Car? !! ...

.... Yes you can.

I was told the MM air box wouldn't bolt into my 2003 Town Car with out some modifications. Appearantly, the Town Cars, at least the older models, pulled air from the bottom of the air box instead of from the front, behind the headlight. Of course I had to investigate this and found my car used the normal CV/MGM set up and pulled air through the dinky air snorkel behind the drivers headlight. build date on my car is 5/2003

I located a Used MM air box on eBay, bought it and installed it with little problems. Turned out the seller on eBay was a CVN member (thanks Steve_83).

The Marauder air box fit almost perfectly. the only issue I ran into was the rubber air intake hose for the air suspension pump. it was orginally routed around the front air snorkel on the stock air box, but since the Marauder air box has a much larger snorkel I had to modify the front mounting tab on the air box slightly to eliminate the hose from kinking. other than that it bolted in the car with no fitment issues.

Quick Before and After shots;

So, the parts are installed... waiting on my Tune from Lonnie.

:3gears:
    2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
    89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
    88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Nice! Is it louder without the air chamber coming off the intake?

That thing should be worth- what? 57hp at the wheels? Haha
    2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
    1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
    1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

intake noise is slightly louder, simply because its moving more air. Nothing horrible, though. because of all the extra insulation, its barely noticable inside the car.

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

That's weird, all the whale TCs in my J/Y do pull from the bottom, but they are probably 98-02 styles...
        Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
        sigpic
        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

ZOMG! .....

finally got my SCT tune from Lonnie at BOC, Power and drivability are completely different now. I had already done the J-mod a few weeks prior to the tune, Now it chirps the 1-2 AND 2-3 shift! and this only the 89 octane tune.

engine pulls all the way up the shift point and feels like it could go more, then BANG-CHIRP and next gear.

played with an older Lexus GS430 yesterday. his lane merged with mine getting on the expressway, dude thought he could out run me and get in front.... Not so, car chirped the 2-3 shift on the way by. look on this dudes face was priceless !

Comment

I might have to bring mine over for the J-mod
            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Tom, its stupid easy.... I only removed the 2-3 accumulator spring on mine, left the 1-2 accumuator spring(s) in place.

the tune, air box and Zip tube seem to have made all the improvement in the world.

Comment

Nice deal mang! I'd like to hear how it sounds now.
                Keep it up!

-ryan s.
                08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                Originally posted by pantera77
                Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Originally posted by SVT98t View Post
                  Nice deal mang! I'd like to hear how it sounds now.
                  Keep it up!

-ryan s.
                  honestly, it doesn't sound much different.

Comment

Did you snag the 80mm Marauder MAF as well??

-ryan s.
                    08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                    94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                    73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                    12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                    Originally posted by pantera77
                    Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Originally posted by SVT98t View Post
                      Did you snag the 80mm Marauder MAF as well??

-ryan s.
                      Yes... Marauder air box, 80mm MAF and 04 PI zip tube.

Comment

How does this car boogie as compared to your old 89 Box?
                        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

to be honest, It feels about the same.

town car is much more comfortable for me... Heated seats are big plus.

Comment

Working...
                          X