Satellite radio questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Satellite radio questions

I want to get ready for next year's road trips. Anyone running a satellite ready CD/MP3 receiver in their box? I'm buying a Sirius satellite ready receiver for my '90 GM. It has to be a CD and MP3 player. What do you recommend? I'm also a little scared to go to Circuit City or Best Buy. Where did you go to get your radio installed? I also want to mount the antenna on the trunk, not the roof. Any ideas? Thanks

'90 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
    Baseline 5.0L numbers totally stock, 123 rwhp, 239 rwtq
    5.4L swap coming soon.

If you have enough PM3s in your own possesion you can do what I did. I have a 40gb MP3 player hard wired to my stereo system. So I have about 10,000 songs that I travel with every day, I never listen to the radio anymore.

I currently have it's own power supply run to it, this a dash mounted switch that doubles as an on/off switch for the MP3 player. Also all the wires are run under the carpet now, not coing out of ash tray anymore.

http://grandmarq.net/forum/viewtopic...ght=mp3+player

Comment

My friend has a portable XM and honestly I was not impressed with the selection. I'd spend most of the time we were driving trying to find something that didn't suck, only to catch the end of the song. His was a portable unit, about large walkman size, that had a built in FM transmitter and a cigarette lighter plug. Super simple installation (none!) and it worked pretty well, aside from the whole sucking part.

I do greatly prefer MP3s to radio programming. I have such wierd taste in music that only I can come up with hours of music that I can listen to. Well, not so much wierd, but there is a lot that I don't like.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
      X