X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if only it was closer:

http://hartford.craigslist.org/pts/1944338477.html
    1990 LTD Crown Vic, "The Outrider"

I have one with a title that runs and drives, is not beat up and doesn't have wiring problems Ill sell you cheap
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
      I have one with a title that runs and drives, is not beat up and doesn't have wiring problems Ill sell you cheap
      I want those seats.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
        yeah? how much?

Comment

I don't know if you guys can see this because it's in the archive now, but this:
          http://grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=29876

is that car. There's not much left to it anymore. I took the entire rear suspension, front sway bar, dog dishes, the rubber flooring, and some other things. Someone else yoinked the transmission, aluminum driveshaft, door panels, and parts of the dash. This was about a year ago... I'm amazed they still have that hunk of crap.

Comment

i dont have permission to view the page? and wow, thats pretty terrible. oh well, i guess it doesnt really matter i dont want to travel to ct on a wim anyhow.

Comment

600 dolla!

Click on the link in my sig for the full story. I wouldn't want to drive it back to Jersey though with no overdrive... the lest semi-long trip I took on the highway it got to about 220 degrees warm. This was on a 95 degree day though, but gas mileage would surely suck.
              Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
              'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
              sigpic
              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by aalloocckk View Post
                i dont have permission to view the page? and wow, thats pretty terrible. oh well, i guess it doesnt really matter i dont want to travel to ct on a wim anyhow.
                It has nothing to do with a whim. I'm telling you the car's trashed. I saw that ad a year ago and that's what drew me to that yard. I've spent hours stripping that specific car. Some of it is now on Neum's police restoration. I have most of its suspension laying in my garage. Trust me, you don't want that car. There's nothing left of it. Buy Pete's or something.

Now, if someone wants police shit, that is the place to go. They receive most of the wrecked police vehicles in Hartford county, so big brake swaps abound there. They're somewhat pricey though, and they're not quite a pick-and-pull when it comes to heavier stuff like suspension or drivetrain. If you can get it off with hand tools without lifting the car up they'll usually let you do it for a discount, but it's still not a steal by any means.

Comment

I was right next to that yard on Friday and Saturday night.

The Somers fairgrounds.

Thats been listed on CL many times, and whereas I've never seen it, you should definitely trust CSJs opinion.

I have nicer P72 parts cars in the field.
                  **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                  **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                  **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                  **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSteakJim View Post
                    I don't know if you guys can see this because it's in the archive now, but this:
                    http://grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=29876
                    What is that, some sort of moderators-only archive?

Seems nutty that a place would continue posting the exact same ad for a vehicle that's now mostly stripped. Weird.
                    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                      What is that, some sort of moderators-only archive?

I cannot view it either.
                      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSteakJim View Post
                        It has nothing to do with a whim. I'm telling you the car's trashed. I saw that ad a year ago and that's what drew me to that yard. I've spent hours stripping that specific car. Some of it is now on Neum's police restoration. I have most of its suspension laying in my garage. Trust me, you don't want that car. There's nothing left of it. Buy Pete's or something.

Now, if someone wants police shit, that is the place to go. They receive most of the wrecked police vehicles in Hartford county, so big brake swaps abound there. They're somewhat pricey though, and they're not quite a pick-and-pull when it comes to heavier stuff like suspension or drivetrain. If you can get it off with hand tools without lifting the car up they'll usually let you do it for a discount, but it's still not a steal by any means.

i understand, i was merely saying that i just don't have the want to even go up there regardless. even if they had four with all the parts i needed for a discount (well maybe) but i may consider it. but the cv i have now needs some work, and i dont think i should really have both at the same time. thanks for the heads up though, i would have made a big waste of time.

Comment

Working...
                        X