89 civic sedan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

89 civic sedan

Well, I sold the ranger back to my buddy who owned it before me, to keep it in the family so to speak. So I was in need of a replacement daily driver, because I am still have trouble getting a working transmission in the marquis. So I shopped around for about a week and came across what I believe will make a damn fine daily, and since I love my hondas also its a win win.

Anywho, Its an 89 honda civic sedan, 1.6L, 5 speed, with manual everything.

I am going to ohio this weekend again, the last time for awhile I hope. So I wont be taking delivery until next week but here are some craigslist pics.

It was a really rare factory color combo, almond outside, with brown and tan interior. Until someone decided to 2 tone it with spray paint .

Its ugly and dirty as of now. I plan on taking car of the dirty part, not sure how much I can help out the ugly with limited effort and money. The interior is filthy and the dash has a hole in it that is covered by duct tape lol.

It is very mechanically sound though, the only thing I have noticed that needs attention is the shifter bushing are worn slap the fuck out, and it feel like neutral and every gear lol. But thats a quick cheap fix.

Also on the big upside it gets 40mpg lol.

I will add more pictures and info once I get it in my possesion.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
    Big plans

if they didn't prep before they shot it... you may be able to use some acetone and paper towels and just wipe the crap off. Both are cheap. that's the trick I've used to buff out my cars after little parking lot dumbness. wipe the other guy's paint off my car.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by slymer View Post
      wipe the other guy's paint off my car.
      at first I thought that said wipe the other guy's paint off HIS car lol.

If you don't mind asking, how much was the civic?
      Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
      New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Sure it's not a 1.5 liter? I had a '91 Civic like yours. Scary to see pedestrian's knees as they walked in front of the car, the car, hood, and dash were so low. Only thing that ever failed me on it was an ignition module in the ditro. Any rust on it?

I would love to have one like this:

I was going to look at a '93 DX Coupe with 60k on it as a cheap DD and somehow took home a minivan instead.

Comment

nice......simple to fix too!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Yea, it originally had a 1.5 but they swapped in a low mile 1.6 out of a newer civic.

No rust at all, that is one of the reasons I picked it up.

And I paid $800 for it.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
            Big plans

Comment

nice.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              Originally posted by gadget73
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Picking it up tomorrow. Should be able to snap a few pics before dark.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                Big plans

Comment

Finally got it here. The bank took forever to approve the line of credit, I have the money I just want to work on my credit score. Like a responsible adult lol.
                  Anyway allow me to formally introduce you to ''UGLY ED'' lol.

This is how it looked when I took delivery today.

Engine bay

Interior, needs some serious attention

Pretty large trunk, I must say

All I did today was, check the oil. It was a quart and a half low, so I topped it off. I cleaned all the trash out of the trunk. Then I adjusted the clutch, someone had replaced the clutch and didn't adjust the cable when they got the new one in and the release point was way to close to the floor and there was slack in the cable. Its properly adjusted now and working great.

I am mailing the title home so my girlfriends mom can get an ohio title made for me (she works at the dmv). Then she is going to take the title to my mom and she is gonna mail it and my tags I transferred from the ranger back and she will be on the road. All of that will probably take a week or so, so it will just be sitting until then.

First things on the to do list are a good good cleaning of everything, an oil change, tranny fluid change, and tune up items. Then a new shifter to with new bushings.

Upgrades since I am tall to make it a little more comfortable for me. I have to put the seat all the way back for my legs then the steering wheel and shifter seem to far away. 88-91 hondas are the only ones I have this problem with.

So I am going to pick up an FLP road race shifter, its taller and moved closer to the driver.
                  linky : http://www.heeltoeauto.com/Fastline-...X-pr-4505.html

A few pics

next to a stock shifter

Installed

I will also be picking up this steering wheel and a quick release hub, together they should move the wheel about 4'' closer to me.

http://passwordjdm.com/Nardi-Sport-R...2687C1722.aspx

Thats it for now those are the short term plans, and driving the crap out of it. It should be enjoyable.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                  Big plans

Comment

I had an 85 with the same color combo, but it was an auto. Slowest car ever. Reliable and good mpg though
                    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

The 80s Hondas I find tolerable. They aren't all bubbly like the later ones. Dead simple reliable transportation without any attempt to be factory-blinged. It doesn't look like that one's been gotten at too bad, other than the rattle can job and what appear to be blue headrests? Nothing you can't fix fairly easy though.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

The 88-91 hondas are my favorite. Simple, well engineered, and functional, very true to hondas roots.

Yes you do see blue headrests, apparently they where messed up and they couldn't find another with a tan and brown interior, so they pirated parts from a car with a blue interior. The glove box, headrests, and rear speaker cover are all from a blue interior.

Also another reason I picked it up is because no douche ricer has got his dirty hands on it and triedto make it "cool". I hate fixing other peoples fuck ups. Most people don't do mods they way I like, I am very particular "as you guys saw in the wire tuck thread lol" so I find it best to start witha car that is mostly stock. That way I can do it my way. /rant

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                        Big plans

Comment

How many miles on the chassis?

Comment

200k on the chassis 100k on the motor

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                            Big plans

Comment

Originally posted by 1980c10 View Post
                              I hate fixing other peoples fuck ups.
                              Ditto. I'd rather have a neglected but all original car than something thats been halfass repaired over the years. Mods are often even worse, though if most people looked under the dash of my car they would scream. It looks like a spaghetti explosion under there, but I do have plans to fix that.
                              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                              X