X-Pipe options on '90 TC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X-Pipe options on '90 TC

I am looking at installing an x-pipe setup on my 1990 towncar 5.0, Will these set of pipes bolt right up or will they need modification?

They are made for a 1986-1995 mustang

If not do you guys have any suggestions or just tell me what you did to get the x-pipe on there.

P.S. I do not need cats, no emissions! wooo hoooo

I think the AOD makes them unsuitable.
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

As long as its for an automatic mustang, it should fit. I have one on my car, and the cats are a bit tight to the trans pan but without the cats you'll have enough clearance. A manual pipe just won't clear. You must have the Mustang headers for it to fit up to the motor. The exhaust behind the pipe also needs a little work. The standard fitup on a sedan is to use Mustang midpipes with extensions, offset/offset mufflers, 96 Impala SS tailpipes, then extensions and tips.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Thanks guys. It didn't specify manual or auto.
        I will look into it more. I was hoping it would be plug and play. I have full dual exhaust on the '95 Limo I can strip but I was thinking 2.5" would be way better than a pieced together kit.

So the mustang headers or BBK shorties will help this fit? So many things I want so little money. Haha.

Comment

what i can tell you is a BBK mustang H-pipe fits great under thier, the only thing being that i had to lengthen the "H" crossover part 4" and of course the shorty stang headers to match.
          Finally have an on the books porting/custom fab business!
          HO bottom end,GT40Ps,cut/welded/ported upper+lower GT40 intakes,Comp XE258 cam,MS3X megasquirt computer,8 LS2 coils,2 dry systems + a 3rd wet,3 core rad w fans..1100hp Lentech WR AOD,custom 4" aluminum/moly Dshaft,custom rear/back half chassis adjustable 4link,wilwood 4 piston,moser 9" axles,locker, M/T 30x12's,4 staged fuel pumps,100lbs sound insulation,power/remote everything,2000W sound.4480lbs. 4.5s 0-60,12.8 1/4

Comment

I had no fitment issues with the BBK shorty headers and H-pipe. I didn't even think to look for manual or auto specific pipes. My only issue is that the cats hang pretty low and scrape on occasion.

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by Neal 97 250 View Post
              So the mustang headers or BBK shorties will help this fit? So many things I want so little money. Haha.
              They will bolt up to the x pipe, but not if you have P heads. You need P specific headers. But they will bolt to the x pipe.

Comment

I bought an universal X-pipe kit from Jegs years ago. It fit just fine.

'90 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
                Baseline 5.0L numbers totally stock, 123 rwhp, 239 rwtq
                5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by N A View Post
                  I bought an universal X-pipe kit from Jegs years ago. It fit just fine.

dayum.... where the hell you been?
                  2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
                  89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
                  88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

Originally posted by Neal 97 250 View Post
                    I am looking at installing an x-pipe setup on my 1990 towncar 5.0, Will these set of pipes bolt right up or will they need modification?

They are made for a 1986-1995 mustang

If not do you guys have any suggestions or just tell me what you did to get the x-pipe on there.

P.S. I do not need cats, no emissions! wooo hoooo
                    Well... the X-pipe that is pictured is for a 4.6L car, so it will NOT fit.

as long as you stick with a name brand and make sure it specifys and AOD application, it should work. However a catless X-pipe shouldn't be much of a problem.

I bought a generic X-pipe off eBay and the fitment was poor, however it had Cat converters welded in, which contacted the side of the trans pan.
                    2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
                    89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
                    88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

Don't we already have at least 10 or 15 threads about this?

X-pipes fit. Unless they don't. Mine does.

Is there a partcular PN you're looking at?
                      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 88grandmarq View Post
                        dayum.... where the hell you been?
                        I bought a house and houses tend to eat up alot of money. My money situation is better now. I'm back.

'90 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
                        Baseline 5.0L numbers totally stock, 123 rwhp, 239 rwtq
                        5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

Working...
                        X