Exhaust is done!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust is done!

Picked up the Vic today from the muffler shop. Here's the setup.
    Summit Mustang Off-Road H-pipe to 2.5" Flowtech Redhots glasspacks, to 21/4" pipes exiting before each rear wheel. Yes it is kind of loud and gets raspy sounding at high rpms like a redneck pickup, but still sounds awesome. Can feel a definite difference in perfomance now that the 2" sections, full length pipes, and cats are gone.
    Will try and post pics later.

2011 Grand Marquis LS Ultimate Edition
    Dual Exhaust w/ AP XLerator mufflers and 3 1/2" tips, Eibach 1" rear sway bar, Pioneer Head unit and speakers, 17X8 Drag DR-72 wheels

RIP 1984 2Dr Crown Vic "The Millennium Falcon"
    Carbed 5.0 HO w/nitrous , Performer RPM intake, GT40P heads, E303 cam, FRP Shorties, FRP 9mm plug wires, Off-Road H-pipe, Magnaflow round mufflers, 2000 rpm stall
    NA-15.78@91.21, 80hp shot-14.48@96.21

nice! since GMGT has the same set up, i know how it must sound lol

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Cool!

Comment

Sweet, but why 2 1/4 after the muffs and not 2 1/2 all the way.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
        Big plans

Comment

Cool! No converters is a beautiful thing.

I really need my BBK headers installed..one thing at a time, I actually need to put HO parts on the motor first.
          sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by 1980c10 View Post
            Sweet, but why 2 1/4 after the muffs and not 2 1/2 all the way.
            Have a little more ground and frame clearance on the sides with the 2 1/4 and didnt think it would hurt the performance any.

Dual Exhaust w/ AP XLerator mufflers and 3 1/2" tips, Eibach 1" rear sway bar, Pioneer Head unit and speakers, 17X8 Drag DR-72 wheels

Carbed 5.0 HO w/nitrous , Performer RPM intake, GT40P heads, E303 cam, FRP Shorties, FRP 9mm plug wires, Off-Road H-pipe, Magnaflow round mufflers, 2000 rpm stall

Comment

Ahhh I see say the blind man.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
              Big plans

Comment

Here's a few pics.

Comment

That looks reeeeeeeally good!!!
                  Former panther owner
                  1981 CV 351 4bbl
                  1991 CV 302 EFI

Comment

Originally posted by andymac0035 View Post
                    That looks reeeeeeeally good!!!
                    Thanks. I installed the H-pipe, the muffler shop did the rest and did an awesome job.

Comment

Where is the sound?
                      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

i like the tips. nice job!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                        1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                        1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                        2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Did you paint the glasspacks right before the pics were taken? Nice set up BTW.

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
                            Did you paint the glasspacks right before the pics were taken? Nice set up BTW.

Packman
                            No, thats just how they come. Hence the name Flowtech "Redhots", Flowtech sells header glasspacks called purple hornies (purple in color). I bought them because of the price less than $17 each through summit, the color was just an added bonus. LOL

Comment

Only reason I asked was the glare on the ground from the paint on the glasspacks. I like the Summit brand glasspacks myself. They come unpainted so I can chose what color to paint them and they seem to have a nice quiet tone when paired with another muffler(s).

Packman

Comment

Working...
                              X