• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ontario guys - 1960 fairlane for sale by GMNer

Jeff (4door) is selling a nice looking '60 Fairlane sedan

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ192901712

sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Eew, that's ugly. Maybe if I were at least 20 years older I'd understand better.
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Maybe it's just me.......but I swear ther script on the front fender looks like it says "Galaxie".
      Former panther owner
      1981 CV 351 4bbl
      1991 CV 302 EFI

Comment

Looks a bit like it at that angle but it's definitely a 1960 Fairlane.

galaxie front end:

fairlane:

fairlanes asshole:

sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

the body lines look fairly similar, as well. it's possible lots of parts interchanged like with our cars.
          sigpic

Comment

1960 Galaxie shared the same body design as the 1960 Fairlane. The main differences being between exterior ornamentation and interior trim offerings.

http://www.galaxieparts.com/1960_Ford_Galaxie.html
            sigpic

Comment

Um, according those pics, the Galaxie and Fairlane looked exactly the same.
              2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

The Fairlanes on the 60's and 61's had a wider c-pillar and a flat rear window. There was also a third roofline on the Starliner, more of a fastback style. But other than that, the Galaxie, Fairlane, Starliner, and Sunliner (the convertible) were all the same car with different trim pieces. In fact, the Edsel was practically the same car also in 1960.

Comment

Personally, I like it.....Also have a thing for the '59 Chevy "bat-wing" and '60 Chevy
                  "Gull-wing" cars. These seem to be a bit more rare though. I'd be interested if it was a 2-door.

-Jon
                  1988 Crown Victoria LX -124,000 miles and slowly reviving!
                  "We are monkeys with money and guns." - Tom Waits

Comment

Maybe the guy added the Galaxie script, it does look nice.

I'd roll that sucker.

Pete
                    Originally posted by gadget73
                    For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
                    1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
                    1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

Originally posted by Piece-it pete View Post
                      Maybe the guy added the Galaxie script, it does look nice.

I'd roll that sucker.

Pete

I would too. I'm actually trying like mad to come up with the money for it...I'd drive that thing until the day I died. At least on weekends, and never in the winter.
                      sigpic

Comment

It would make a great Chicago Police car:

Comment

Back when dogs were dogs and nightsticks were interrogation tools?

Pete
                          Originally posted by gadget73
                          For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
                          1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
                          1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

Does 4door selling this car? because I can see his vic and his house at the second pic? im not too sure 100 per cent.
                            1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
                            1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
                            1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
                            1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

Comment

Originally posted by Jason_GMQ91 View Post
                              Does 4door selling this car? because I can see his vic and his house at the second pic? im not too sure 100 per cent.
                              yes its Jeffs car
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X