nitrous system almost complete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nitrous system almost complete

Have been working on the nitrous system all day. Finally got the fuel supply setup where i have no pressure drop. Will be supplying the system with 10 psi fuel pressure. Unfortunately i dont have the jets for a 100 shot. Close as i can get is 95, but should do the trick nicely. Will try and post pics when everything is complete and tuned.

2011 Grand Marquis LS Ultimate Edition
    Dual Exhaust w/ AP XLerator mufflers and 3 1/2" tips, Eibach 1" rear sway bar, Pioneer Head unit and speakers, 17X8 Drag DR-72 wheels

RIP 1984 2Dr Crown Vic "The Millennium Falcon"
    Carbed 5.0 HO w/nitrous , Performer RPM intake, GT40P heads, E303 cam, FRP Shorties, FRP 9mm plug wires, Off-Road H-pipe, Magnaflow round mufflers, 2000 rpm stall
    NA-15.78@91.21, 80hp shot-14.48@96.21

right on, thats awasome!
    Finally have an on the books porting/custom fab business!
    HO bottom end,GT40Ps,cut/welded/ported upper+lower GT40 intakes,Comp XE258 cam,MS3X megasquirt computer,8 LS2 coils,2 dry systems + a 3rd wet,3 core rad w fans..1100hp Lentech WR AOD,custom 4" aluminum/moly Dshaft,custom rear/back half chassis adjustable 4link,wilwood 4 piston,moser 9" axles,locker, M/T 30x12's,4 staged fuel pumps,100lbs sound insulation,power/remote everything,2000W sound.4480lbs. 4.5s 0-60,12.8 1/4

Comment

Go over to (dare I say it) sbftech and read some on proper nitruous tuning. Alot of times when properly tuned for the shot a for example say 100 hp shot will pick up around 130hp. So I would t worry about not having exactly 100hp jets. I think one of the most fun parts of nitrous is tuning it and squeezing every last drop out of it. Good luck, I hope you see a full second gain when you get it installed.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
      Big plans

Comment

haved decided to start with a 70 shot for now and will see how far that gets me. If I reach the 14's will keep it there if not will go to the 95. Got to thinking about the 26 yr old AOD and the driveshaft. With the 70 shot I estimate I'll be making about 330hp at the flywheel. More to come later.

Dual Exhaust w/ AP XLerator mufflers and 3 1/2" tips, Eibach 1" rear sway bar, Pioneer Head unit and speakers, 17X8 Drag DR-72 wheels

Carbed 5.0 HO w/nitrous , Performer RPM intake, GT40P heads, E303 cam, FRP Shorties, FRP 9mm plug wires, Off-Road H-pipe, Magnaflow round mufflers, 2000 rpm stall

Comment

Finished everything up today including the bottle warmer. Took it out to test it, hit it 3 times. Everything felt strong, no pinging, and the plugs looked good. Had a small issue with the full throttle switch not quite adjusted so it didnt always engage, but think it has been worked out. Sorry no pics yet, but maybe going to the track friday. If I do, Ill let yall know how it did.

Comment

your driveshaft is really only at risk if you have enough traction, judging by the tires in your picture you dont have to worry
            http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
            http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

I got to thinking when you said 26 yr old AOD. Is that thing still stock and still holding up to nitrous?
              Wow!

Comment

Man spray the hell out of that motor, and make it do what its supposed to do. You are carbed, I would go with a roller 351w engine, stock bore or a mild bore, maybe even a stroke increase QQ a Weiland Stealth Intake and use the same E303 cam and still spray it. That would easily put you in the 12-13 and low low 14 second range with ease every pass. Put a Demon 750 on there and 14's will be out of the picture completely, but the tranny will soon need to be beefed up in some sort of way with the addition of a decent trans cooler if you do not already have one. Driveline upgrades would also be helpful if everything is still stock in that area. MMC driveshafts are everywhere along with Trac Lok units.
                Last edited by gstak07; 10-07-2010, 02:02 PM.
                sigpic351w .030, B303, 1.6 Roller Rockers, GT40P Heads Mild Port Job,351w Lightning Lower & Explorer Upper,65mm TB, Custom CAI, 24# Injectors, Adj FPR, 1/2 Phenolic Spacer, TPS Enhancer, Shift Kit, 2400 Stall, Hi-Rev Govenor, MMC Alcoa Driveshaft, 3.73 Trac Lok, Underdrive Pulleys, Electric Fan, MSD Street Fire Coil, MSD 6AL Ignition 12.35 @114 mph spinning through 1st gear

Comment

Overbore .... not something I believe is normally discussed as a performance modification where stock blocks are involved. So you're recommending a Dart-based large-cube Windsor?
                  2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by Neal 97 250 View Post
                    I got to thinking when you said 26 yr old AOD. Is that thing still stock and still holding up to nitrous?
                    Wow!
                    stock except for the B&M torquemaster 2000 stall converter and B&M shift improver kit

Comment

Originally posted by DuceAnAHalf View Post
                      your driveshaft is really only at risk if you have enough traction, judging by the tires in your picture you dont have to worry
                      With the stock 3.08 open rear and 235/70/15 tires i've always have had to be careful on my launches to hook up LOL.

Comment

Guess im not going to make it to the track tomorrow. Have been dealing with a bad sinus infection (my teeth even hurt), dont have time to prep the car because i'm working days and would be going to the track after work, and would like to do a little more testing on the nitrous to make sure everything is going to work perfectly. Cant go next weekend PINKS is in town, so may be a couple of weeks before i get a chance. Sorry guys.

Comment

I am also running 235/70/15's only in the rear though and 225's up front which really makes no difference, but it seems you are spinning out of the whole also under full throttle, but on another note I've never ran a shift improver kit only the Transpak's and Transgo kits. IMO Transgo is a better kit and it also comes with a hi-rev govenor. The govenor can also be purchased seperately from summit if you do not need the whole kit. It would also help to know what OD servo you have in your trans you just might have a C servo in there and if so at least upgrade to a B servo for better band lockup. I just like a hard hitting trans, As far as the rear goes I would at least go 3.55 or better. But that's your car, I am just trying to help if I can and if you ever need any MMC driveshafts I have at least 4 laying around fully intact
                          sigpic351w .030, B303, 1.6 Roller Rockers, GT40P Heads Mild Port Job,351w Lightning Lower & Explorer Upper,65mm TB, Custom CAI, 24# Injectors, Adj FPR, 1/2 Phenolic Spacer, TPS Enhancer, Shift Kit, 2400 Stall, Hi-Rev Govenor, MMC Alcoa Driveshaft, 3.73 Trac Lok, Underdrive Pulleys, Electric Fan, MSD Street Fire Coil, MSD 6AL Ignition 12.35 @114 mph spinning through 1st gear

Comment

I'm also running 225's in front. My trans is the original and has almost 89K miles on it so i'm sure it will need replacing if not rebuilding in the future. I probably will save up for a built trans with all the goodies in it. Currently i have to do the AOD shuffle to hold 2nd to 5.5K. If not the trans shifts too soon to 3rd and my rpms drop to about 2400. As far as rear, i would like to go 3.73 with trak loc. These upgrades will have to wait till next year since christmas is around the corner, and my toy budget it low right now.

Comment

I actually installed the B&M Transpak set to Street & Strip, the B&M kit doesn't allow you to change the shift points. So I did some research and found out that The Transgo Hi- Rev kit allows you to change the shift points to 5000 rpm's and above. For $40 shipped from Summit it includes a 12.5 gram custom governor and spring along with the addition of 2 more springs which go into the 2-3 shift valve, and those springs don't even come with the B&M kit whatsoever nor do they mention anything about it. What those 2 springs do is allow full throttle shifts above 5 grand into all 4 gears, which would eliminate the need to do the shuffle because with you being at WOT with the additional line pressure and custom springs it holds all the gears above 5 grand as long as you are at WOT. I tried to explain this in an earlier post but I was drunk.

Comment

Working...
                              X