Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I went to finaly put my door panels on and I get horrendis feedback!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I went to finaly put my door panels on and I get horrendis feedback!

So if you dont know I have a amp in the trunk that ran to all my speakers and never got feedback before tonight. So I have had my front components disconnected until tonight and been playing music out of rear speakers never got feed back tonight I put door panels on and got horrendis feed back thru speakers...what could it be?
    sigpic
    1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

feedback???? hmmm never heard of having feedback in a car stereo ill do some hunting.
    89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

whatz it sound like? video?

Comment

high pitch whinnig that goes with rpms of the car...foot on gas whinnin gets higher and louder
        sigpic
        1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

Comment

It could be a lot of things...
          Is this the first time you have had the front speakers hooked up to the amp? If not, did you add to/change the wiring to the other speakers or amp, or do anything electrical while they were disconnected?
          Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
          sigpic
          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

no changes electricaly. yes they have been hooked up before
            sigpic

Comment

odd... try unhooking the front speakers again and see if it goes away... that may rule out something else going wrong at the same time by coincidence, like a noise suppressor under the hood or something. I'd have though that kind of noise is picked up in the pre-amp wiring and would have made the rear speakers noisy too. Could you have piched a wire, or put the speaker back with a terminal against the metal door panel?
              I'm no audio guru though so don't, eemmmm, something about a grain of salt.
              Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
              'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
              sigpic
              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Just for the record..and It might help. In my tercel...if the battery cable is unhooked with the engine running, I get insane amounts of feedback through my speakers as well. And yes, the more rpms, the louder it gets. (odd thing is, I dont have the same problem with the LTD)

So...maybe you knocked a ground wire loose? Losing a ground causes all kinds of crazy things to happen.

Comment

make sure the speaker terminals aren't touching the door skin. I had the dashtop off Scott's car and its doing this stuff now. Pretty sure I got one of the speaker terminals touching the metal in the dashboard.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

the filter cap on the coil could also be dead. If that thing dies... you'll get all kinds of high pitched noise on the speakers.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                    Originally posted by gadget73
                    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                    Originally posted by dmccaig
                    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by 83countrysquire View Post
                      high pitch whinnig that goes with rpms of the car...foot on gas whinnin gets higher and louder
                      ah common issue, just get a an inline noise filter and put it in the pos line of the deck and youll be good

Comment

Working...
                      X