Compatiblity of 4.6 performance parts??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compatiblity of 4.6 performance parts??

I have been wondering and searching but still haven't found the answer. The performance parts are always listed for 96+. Being for the 4.6 mustang as that was the first year for the mod motor in the stang. But will they work on earlier years 4.6 mod motors. When I get our grand Marquis back from my son in FL. I want to build it. But what parts will fit a 94 4.6 motor.

I even went as far as to ask the tech writer at MM&FF with no luck. It wasn't about a mustang so I guess I didn't rate an answer.

Tim
    2000 Ford Crown Victoria
    84 Lincoln Town car signature, R.I.P
    85 Ford LTD Crown Victoria 2 door performance project
    89 Lincoln town car: RIP
    89 Crown Victoria LX 2002 USACi sound quality world champion RIP
    1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
    1994 Mercury Grand Marquis (sold)
    2004 Mercury Marauder. owned for a week then got screwed by the dealer

Originally posted by over2tonsofFun View Post
    I have been wondering and searching but still haven't found the answer. The performance parts are always listed for 96+. Being for the 4.6 mustang as that was the first year for the mod motor in the stang. But will they work on earlier years 4.6 mod motors. When I get our grand Marquis back from my son in FL. I want to build it. But what parts will fit a 94 4.6 motor.

I even went as far as to ask the tech writer at MM&FF with no luck. It wasn't about a mustang so I guess I didn't rate an answer.

Tim
    last year of 5.0 on stang was 95, 96 was the change to 4.6 mod motor, PI heads headers and such, intake
    TB . allthough im not sure about the headers for a GM im going to assume they are they same as a vic and last i checked headers are stupidly expensive for those. might be able to stick shorties on though. but a word of warning they are a pita to put on, my buddy has a 99 stang and i have no idea how he got those on there but it was a pita he said.
    89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

You can put shorties on. They require modification to the cat pipe.
      They changed the intake in 95 on the panthers to the plastic one. The 92-94 ones (like mine) have the crap aluminum intakes that suck goat balls.
      Your best bet is PI heads from a 99+ mustang or 01+ panthers. And a PI intake. Those are a solid 40hp.
      You can get rear gears, J-mod, tune, underdrive pullies, aftermarket ignition system, and I think 95 was the first year of the electric fan. So you can put an electric fan on and an electric water pump too.
      Dual exhaust also will help.
      And you can always put a supercharger or nitrous on it.
      ADTR sells ported intake plenums.
      Since they are modular motors, mustang parts will fit. In 01, they changed the length of the water pump. So, that shouldnt concern you.

We're here to help. Ask away!!!

-ryan s.
      08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
      97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
      94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
      73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
      12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
      Originally posted by pantera77
      Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Working...
      X