Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rivet and guide pin questions

'98 CV LX. Doing front brakes tonight.

Do I need to replace the two rivets that hold the rotor to the hub?

What do I lube the guide pins with?

nope... the wheel lugs will hold everything on just fine. Were the rivets only used for a couple years? I've still yet to have seen them lol.
    Any synthetic brake lube will work for the slides.
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Thanks for the info, Pete.

I did a quick search over at CVN earlier, and it looks like rivets aren't all that common. Press on clips over the studs on the newer stuff, it seems.

And also, liar liar Ford dealership on fire. Dealer told my mom the front brakes were gone. I pulled the tires and calipers tonight. Can you say "new pads"?

Comment

probably because she's a she. Its unfortunate that women are often told some BS story about such and such critical part needing to be replaced immediately.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
        X