Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a Hood Ornament for a Grand Marquis

im looking for the hood ornament for a Grand Marquis 1979-1987

there is a specific one i am looking for. It has glass inserts in it. Don't know what years had them but i am thinking 1979-1982. Not 100% sure though. i thought i remember someone selling one on here. I am in need of one.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
    -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
    1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

you in need of one? or just want one?lol i belive they were '79 specific. good luck, they are hard to find. you got to be on e-bay all the time lol

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
      you in need of one? or just want one?lol i belive they were '79 specific. good luck, they are hard to find. you got to be on e-bay all the time lol

i am in need of one. Some fucking asshole in shop snapped mine off. Fucking jerks

-Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
      1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

I need one, I did a temp rig on my mgm with an LTD ornament lol

1996 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
        1965 Cadillac Hearse by M+M "Edgar"
        1964 Mercury Comet Caliente

Comment

well i was damn lucky today. My auto teacher was cleaning out his garage this week and gave me his grandfathers emblems from his 1979 Grand Marquis he had found laying around. So i got another steering wheel center cap this ones silver instead of gold like my other one. I found out in 1979 The Marquis had color matching steering wheel pads. whatever the cars color was the steering wheel center cap was the same. so this came off a silver Grand Marquis. I also got the legendary and oh so rare Glass Inserted Hood Ornament. I found out that that alon eis one of the rarest pieces on a 1979 Marquis or Grand Marquis. they are worth $100-200 dollars because of there rarity and only the brougham and grand marquis got them.

So far I am going to put the silver one on in fall and winter seasons and the gold one on in the spring and summer seasons.

Pics later

Comment

Cool find! post pics!!!
            1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
            1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
            1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
            1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

Comment

Originally posted by MattsGrandMarquis View Post
              I found out that that alon eis one of the rarest pieces on a 1979 Marquis or Grand Marquis. they are worth $100-200 dollars because of there rarity and only the brougham and grand marquis got them.
              <*ads to shiny things to collect list*
              Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
              'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
              sigpic
              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Here's Pics. I am welding a eyelet on the bottom of the hood ornament to all the spring to hook onto it.

Comment

ok i made a new eyelet on it. I have some new springs for it how do i connect this sucker back on like factory look.

Comment

You need the correct base for it. A piece of metal goes through the eye lid, a spring goes around that piece of metal and holds the spring tight to the base.
                    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

is that the retaining ring you talking about if so i believe that is still on the base. Or does that fly off when the eyelet breaks.

Comment

If the eyelit breaks free the spring ans metal piece holding everything together go flying and the ornament flops over. The base would still be attached to the header panel though.

Just look at spare ornament to see how it all goes together...

~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

i cant get that off a junkyard car. it too much of a pain in the ass i dont even know how to get it off without it breaking on me.

Comment

It is simple but okay. All that it requires is a needle nose plier to bend one end of the retaining metal piece. The spring will then come loose and you will have all you need.

To assemble...slide metal piece through eye lit, slide base on around the metal piece and then slide the spring on.
                            ~David~

Comment

anyone have these pieces i could buy from you guys. I don't feel like going to harry's just for this.

Comment

Working...
                              X