Parking Light Problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parking Light Problem.

We are currently working on a 98 Lincoln TC, and None of the parking lights will operate. We have troubleshooted to the point that we believe the Lighting control Module needs to be replaced, and the cheapest we can get is 600 dollars. The person who owns the TC has fixed income and would not be able to cover the part, is there any fix that can be done to make them work without having to spend a crapton of money?
    Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
    New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

a wrecking yard. you pull it parts yards are best for this

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

I saw a link someone posted somewhat recently that showed a way to open up the LCM and replace the faulty relays with a more sane and vastly cheaper external relay.

http://www.mercuryforum.com/forum/sh...77&postcount=4

aha!

And once again, looking at that part I reassert my opinion that this is a completely bullshit device.
      Last edited by gadget73; 10-18-2010, 10:16 PM.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Thanks guys.

The local auto body shop that has a "salvage yard" (where they stash the totalled out cars) has a 98 grand marq that supposedly has one. There may be a possibility that we just might get that one (and while we are at it I'd get the rear caliper backing plates, and all of the stuff needed of of a 98 for the big brake swap ). If not We'll try what gadget said.
        Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
        New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Working...
        X