egr to tb gasket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

egr to tb gasket

i'm positive i didn't put it on backwards or anything, but i got a teeny tiny bit of oil squeezing out of the top. sides and bottom are dry but i guess gravity could be doing that.

in the event i did put it on backwards, what the hell is the right way? i'm gonna grab a new gasket in case this one was bad or i was retarded.

the bit of oil in the tb is not news, clogged pcv system that's getting attention ASAP, but leaky gaskets don't belong.
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

there is no oil in the egr spacer. The only place it could even come in from is the tube that runs from the throttle body to the valve cover oil fill tube. Fix the PCV valve and that will probably stop.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

yeah I know there's no oil in there but the stuff passing through that comes out of the TB/valve cover tube.

What I'm curious about is whether or not there's a wrong way to install the gasket? Differences on the front and back of the gasket etc
      sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

not that I've ever been aware of.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

thanks! i'm happy to finally get all of this done.
          sigpic

Comment

rain strikes again. i need the car a bit over the next two days so this gets pushed back to monday.

screw you, rain!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post

What I'm curious about is whether or not there's a wrong way to install the gasket? Differences on the front and back of the gasket etc
              Actually yes, there is. Lol. I discovered it today when I replaced my EGR to throttle body gasket. I had a slight coolant leak. Turned out, the gasket's holes didn't line up with the throttle body openings. I held the new gasket up to the throttle body, and everything is nice and peachy now.

Comment

It's all lined up and whatnot, it's just the front/back surfaces seemed to be slightly different. Oh well, it's coming off in a day or two when I don't need the car for drivin'
                sigpic

Comment

It's all lined up and whatnot, it's just the front/back surfaces seemed to be slightly different. Oh well, it's coming off in a day or two when I don't need the car for drivin'
                  It'll only line up one way.

Comment

gotcha. I was just going by memory from when I installed it last week.
                    sigpic

Comment

gotcha. I was just going by memory from when I installed it last week.
                      As long as the coolant passages line up you're fine, that is, unless you're not running coolant through the spacer. Then it's just a matter of the center ring sealing, which is the important part anyway.

Comment

I'm running coolant there for now. Won't be when it comes back off, I didn't know if bypassing it was an option at the time so I just hooked it back up exactly as it was.
                        sigpic

Comment

Everything is all hunky dory now. No oil leaking out of (hopefully) anywhere. New VC gaskets, PCV system....*fingers crossed*
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X