• Time
  • Show
Clear All

1980 & 1981 Mercury Marquis police packages - $1,000

(Found this ad on another site)
    1981 Marquis police car (maroon)
    1980 Marquis police car (blue)
    351 W, AOD, & 135 mph speedometers.
    Both have been parked for about 15 years. They are in rough condition (they need everything) and do not run. I bought them from government auctions. I believe both were originally Missouri Highway Patrol Cars. The maroon one has a good title. The blue one has no title.
    Located in the Kansas City area.
    The price is $1,000 for both cars.
    816-589-4274

Last edited by neums; 10-20-2010, 07:50 AM.

Ohh man how cool!

If you dont sell the cars I would very interested in those spot lights! Just let me know

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
      Ohh man how cool!

If you dont sell the cars I would very interested in those spot lights! Just let me know
      They are not mine. I found the ad on another website.

Comment

Nice find Nuems. Pretty nice price too for two rare birds. I sure would like one of those speedometers.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Why are all of these coming to light all of a sudden?
          Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
          New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

nice. I'd put together one good car out of the two and try and keep it as close to stock as I can.
            sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

that aint a terrible deal for 2 cars. the red one looks better than the blue

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
              1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
              1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
              2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
              2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

a grand for the both of them is not bad, figure you have a titled car and a parts car with it. Once you're done stripping anything usable / sellable off the parts car its probably worth at least 200 bucks for scrap.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Sweet Hopefully someone will save them

Comment

From the pictures it looks like he has alot of older Fords and Lincolns sitting around there...

Could be a killer contact for some cool stuff. I just need more land so I can pick up deals like this and work on them when the time time allows.

Mike J.
                    1990 Country Squire LX .... Rolling around 220k miles Man is she Sweet to me.
                    1976 Lincoln Continental .... 55k miles and loaded with Smiles !!!
                    1990 LTD Crown Victoria Wagon .... "Fresh" project

A parking lot \ barn full of Non-GMN related vehicles.

Comment

This was his reasoning for selling them:

"I saved them from extinction, being the only person in the area that recognized what they were back then. Sorry, I have fixed up countless cars over the years and never got to these."

Comment

Teh maroon one has a Ford bumper on the front.

I'd get them if I was closer, fix one, and dress it as original PI status. And sell the one PI speedo. And package the heck out of it when shipping so it doesn't get broken in shipping like my new '88 Ford PI speedo .
                        1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

who on the board is near KC? we need to start hustling them to save these from the crusher
                          sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

unique.. and both mercs and fords got the stripless bumpers...
                            -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Those are cool. They would get a lot of attention around town. And my guess is might take home some trophies, if they were restored, becuase of their uniqueness.
                              -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
                              -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

Working...
                              X