AOD Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AOD Help

I know it's not a panther but I hope some one can help.

My roommate has a 94 Bronco 5.8 EFI 4x4 with the AOD. We got the truck back on the road after sitting for about 2 years. Lately when driving the transmission feels like it can't decide what gear it wants to be in. then is seems like it pops in and out of gear. The fluid level is fine and it dies not smell burnt.

Would a bad TV adjustment or worn TV grommet cause this? The trans had a fresh rebuild about a month before the truck sat because of a cracked head.
    1991 LTD P72 351 W Restored Century Police (Ongoing Project) Sergeant Vic.

It's a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.

Could be TV, also could be something stuck from sitting in the VB.
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

check the bushing first. If the pressure is low, it will shift goofy and hunt for a while before the transmission blows up. If its OK, just drive it for a bit to see if it frees itself up. Might be worth changing the fluid to help get things un-stuck if its been sitting a while.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I'll check the TV grommet tomorrow when I have light. A;so we'll get a service done.

My roommate just informed me that it has the E4LD nor the AOD. I can't tell the difference. Will that change anything?
        1991 LTD P72 351 W Restored Century Police (Ongoing Project) Sergeant Vic.

It's a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.

Comment

It should have come with the E4OD which does not use a TV cable.

Comment

I'm thinking it might be the MLPS (manual lever position sensor) or neutral safety switch (same thing that year). If it's screwed up, it has a tendency to hunt for a gear, however, there could be some other issues, due to it sitting; the 'fix-it' list of problems with the early E4OD's is several pages long....

Comment

Working...
            X