X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1990 towny

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1990-...item2c582d2374
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Not bad.

It's actually crossed my mind to migrate toward an aero Town Car someday, just because Crown Vics are so ugly.
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Nice car, but, I really don't like the Executive Series interior on the 90-94.
      2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
      2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
      Past Panthers
      1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
      if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
        Not bad.

It's actually crossed my mind to migrate toward an aero Town Car someday, just because Crown Vics are so ugly.
        It's where I'm heading! Unless a wicked deal pops up on another Panther, that is. I'm open to anything that's a kickass ride (and has a V8, frame, and driveshaft.)

I'm retiring the mothership as a DD next year when the inspection is up and parking it to give it the (body) work it needs. Naturally I'll need a DD car, and right now, I think aero town cars look the best.
        sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

This is in the neighboring town from me...too rich for my blood though.

sigpic
          - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

As much as I like the 302, if I were looking at a 90s Towncar, I'd probably go 95-97. I like the header panel updates more, and honestly the 4.6 has a lot more ass to it than a lopo does. Better on fuel too. If I wasn't buying a 95-97, it probably would be the 1990 because of the chrome bumpers and the 302 though. Unfortunately that gets squarely back into one year only parts (bumpers anyone?) that are increasingly difficult to find should you need one.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Good call. I have to remind myself that this is going to be a daily driver...a later towny that's better on fuel would probably be the right way to go.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                As much as I like the 302, if I were looking at a 90s Towncar, I'd probably go 95-97. I like the header panel updates more, and honestly the 4.6 has a lot more ass to it than a lopo does. Better on fuel too. If I wasn't buying a 95-97, it probably would be the 1990 because of the chrome bumpers and the 302 though. Unfortunately that gets squarely back into one year only parts (bumpers anyone?) that are increasingly difficult to find should you need one.
                Oooh. Good thing to know about; I have no desire for one-year-only parts. Bad enough trying to find parts that were used for 12 years.
                2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                  Oooh. Bad enough trying to find parts that were used for 12 years.

I hear that.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X