00 suspension sag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

00 suspension sag

I have an 00 mgm, My problem is that i haul alot of people around, usually 3 people in the back seat on a daily basis, my mother dont drive and nither do my brothers and my wife sits up front with me. when nobody is in the back seat it sits at a normal hight but as soon as 2 or 3 people pile in the back it gets low, real low. and its really not even that much weight (skinny people) it really dont affect ride quality but i rather my nice mgm not look like a 20 year old ford taurus, what is the best cure for a saggy rear end? Im sure this is going to involve a coil and shock upgrade? can i get oem replacements or am i going to need somthing a bit stiffer? thanks guys!!

This is an easy fix... Order some rear springs from Napa or Kragen. Springs like cargo coils or police car springs. Maybe even station wagon springs for a 91 or earlier Crown Vic if you want a bit of a rake. Station wagon springs would be the tallest and stiffest. You should be looking at around 100 bucks for new springs. Rear springs are super easy to install also...

Comment

cargo coils will help, but I've found they do not last very long. I got about a year out of the set on my Towncar before I had to run a constant 100 psi in the air shocks just to keep the car level. It was worse than the original springs I removed because they were saggy. New stock springs will help some, but adding a set of air shocks may not be a terrible idea either.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Air shocks aren't going to ride nice at all. More time to install too. I'd go for Police springs if available. New shocks would be convenient at this point to install and would be helpful if yours are worn out. I like my Monroe severe service police shocks alot. They have a bigger piston and say they add some spring rate on the box. About 50 bucks for two.

Comment

Working...
        X