351 heads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

351 heads

Am I correct in assuming that factory 351 heads from a Grand Marquis are undesirable?
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Other than GT40 heads from a boat or a Lightning truck, there is no factory 351W head which is desirable. E7 heads are better than E6 CV/GM heads, but they are still just factory low flow heads until they are ported.

Comment

Gotcha. Saw an ad for 351 marquis heads. I will steer clear.
      sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

The D0OE heads are supposed to be decent, but you're looking at 1970 stuff with those goofy rail rockers and non-hardened valve seats that won't be happy on unleaded fuel. Otherwise most of the 351 heads are just 302 heads with bigger bolt holes, and they suck just as much.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
          The D0OE heads are supposed to be decent, but you're looking at 1970 stuff with those goofy rail rockers and non-hardened valve seats that won't be happy on unleaded fuel. O
          Don't forget the giant Thermactor air injection bump in the exhaust port roof...

Comment

Don't we have those stupid thermactor bumps too?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
              Don't we have those stupid thermactor bumps too?
              Yes, but the D0OE head bump thingies are stupidly huge.

Comment

I have a set of those super-awesome D80E 351W heads you can have for the right price ....:heyhey:

They make 500hp over any ported E7 you can buy.
                2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

the heads on the 351w i ripped out of a customers 88 vic cop car were ported e5's with stud mount cast iron rockers
                  i sold him my set of gt40's

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                  2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                  1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                  1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                  2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                  1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate View Post
                    Don't forget the giant Thermactor air injection bump in the exhaust port roof...
                    yeah. really bad picture, but you can see the lump of crap sitcking down inside the port:

I have a set of these somewhere in limbo if they didn't get scrapped. I had intentions of using them, but research convinced me to not waste my time. Also, with the obvious rust issues, I figured it was gonna cost a lot to rebuild them.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                    X