Junkyard help! CVPI's with MAF/airbox/ziptube/swaybars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Junkyard help! CVPI's with MAF/airbox/ziptube/swaybars

Two late ( '08-09)local P71 units arrived at the local yard today.

One had missing engine, both probably complete underneath.

Can anyone tell me EXACTLY what to do and how to pull these off to get the complete MAF, Airbox, Ziptube, and the front and rear sway bars off?

A little worried I might miss some little thing, like bushings or brackets or bolts.

My factory warranty on the car still will last a couple of more years, so would it be voided if I installed these now?

No idea how much it's worth paying for these at the yard either, but I like the idea having of them on my car as performance and suspension upgrades.

Any comments much appreciated, thanks.
    sigpic2009 Grand Marquis LS "Ultimate Edition" Toreador Red Metallic, 40% tint, CVPI type dual exhaust, Marauder front and rear sways, 29k (traded in, to dealer, 4/3/11)

1987 Colony Park LS. 190k, (given to friend/mechanic 2/24/12)

2011 Subaru Outback, 19k; 1991 Mercedes 560SEC AMG, 186k; 1995 Mercedes E420, 145k

The MAF is bolted to the box. Just unbolt the box and remove the tube. Pretty straight forward. Same with the bars. Leave the end links with the car in the front and just keep the front and rear hardware in case you need it.

Comment

go to www.car-part.com and see what the going price in your area is for the parts. Arund here it is $50 for the MAF, $50 for the box and $20 for the tube.

Comment

Working...
      X