WTB matching set of door+trunk lock cylinders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB matching set of door+trunk lock cylinders

I've got an 88 4 door Crown Vic I picked up at an estate sale last year that came with no keys. I've replaced the ign cylinder but I need a matching set for the trunk and front doors. I won't hold my breath for a glovebox latch to match but I'll take one if you've got it.

Shipping is to 40342
    Owner of the only known 5 speed box wagon with a lift kit.
    AKA, Herkimer the Hillbilly SUV.

Axle codes
    Open/Lock/Ratio #
    -----------------------
    G / H / 2.26
    B / C / 2.47
    8 / M / 2.73
    7 / - / 3.07
    Y / Z / 3.08
    4 / D / 3.42
    F / R / 3.45
    5 / E / 3.27
    6 / W / 3.73
    2 / K / 3.55
    A / - / 3.63
    J / - / 3.85

Just a thought, do you have a good local locksmith that could rekey them or cut a key to fit?
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Locksmith can help.

Otherwise do you have regular round door locks or the square ones that light up? Not that I have either one, but that it might clear up something for someone who does.
      1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
      1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
      Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
      Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Well, the trunk lock is trashed. Also with what locksmiths charge around here, I figured I could get a working set with the key for about the same or less. Also I'd rather spend my money with a fellow gmn member.

Axle codes
        Open/Lock/Ratio #
        -----------------------
        G / H / 2.26
        B / C / 2.47
        8 / M / 2.73
        7 / - / 3.07
        Y / Z / 3.08
        4 / D / 3.42
        F / R / 3.45
        5 / E / 3.27
        6 / W / 3.73
        2 / K / 3.55
        A / - / 3.63
        J / - / 3.85

Comment

Good thought.

As Tiggie mentioned, what style door locks are you looking for?
          2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

There was a roundy box at the junkyard with a door key last I was there - if they match what you want, and I can get them, what kinda price range are we talking here ?? :heyhey:
            Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
            'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
            sigpic
            85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Sorry I somehow missed the question above.
              They're just the plain round ones.

Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
              There was a roundy box at the junkyard with a door key last I was there - if they match what you want, and I can get them, what kinda price range are we talking here ??
              Honestly I don't know. What do they run at the yards? I've been so busy of late, and the nearest decent pull a part place is at least 60 miles in the wrong direction for me.
              I don't want to get a ton of money in it, but I'd like to be fair at the same time.

What would make it worth your time?

Axle codes
              Open/Lock/Ratio #
              -----------------------
              G / H / 2.26
              B / C / 2.47
              8 / M / 2.73
              7 / - / 3.07
              Y / Z / 3.08
              4 / D / 3.42
              F / R / 3.45
              5 / E / 3.27
              6 / W / 3.73
              2 / K / 3.55
              A / - / 3.63
              J / - / 3.85

Comment

goodsamaritan...would 89 parts interchange? if my budget allows for it (and the car is still there) i am going to strip a 1989 crown victoria around the 1st of the month. i can do what i can to get you all of the lock cylinders but i don't know the whereabouts of the actual keys - though i will ask the junkyard owner and previous owner.

if you're interested, just tell me how to get the damn things out shipping probably won't be too bad since they're all small items (relatively) but you can have them dirt cheap...I don't need them at all.
                Last edited by 1990LTD; 11-16-2010, 12:42 PM.
                sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

also i recall seeing the glovebox latch but not actually latched onto the glovebox. go figure.
                  sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Working...
                  X