DS pivoting vent window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DS pivoting vent window

the latch on my drivers side vent window broke so im looking for the whole assembly. thanks!
    1988 MGM GS - Preferred Equipment Package 172A; InstaClear

1980 Lincoln Continental Coupe
    1994 MGM GS Montigua
    2005 F150 Lariat Scab 4x4 3.73 LS
    2002 Mustang GT Coupe

i liked the older style knob turning ones. The newer models got that plastic latch like you have and they just break.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
    -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
    1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

What's it worth to ya??

There's one at the junkyard near me I could nab... I'd have to get the window motor out too so I can put the window down to pull the vent.
      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
      sigpic
      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
        What's it worth to ya??

There's one at the junkyard near me I could nab... I'd have to get the window motor out too so I can put the window down to pull the vent.
        hows $25 plus the cost of the window and shipping?

1994 MGM GS Montigua
        2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

hhhmmm how about $15 plus cost plus shipping? lol... I just want to be covered plus a little. With my new cordless gun I can get a door panel off in just a couple minutes. If the holes are already drilled the motor will come out easy, if not I have ratcheting wrenches to use.

I'd imagine they'd want 10-15 for the glass, and shipping probably 15ish since its mildly heavy and will need a box over 12 inches.
          I'll make sure it latches well and the seal isn't obviously messed up, of course.
          I actually used to have one spare but it sold a while back.

Might get lucky and find that someone has already pulled the door panel... if I have less work to do to get it I'll definitely cut the 'service' cost, lol.
          I was there last weekend, but Im actually heading to that end of town for something else so I'll nab it while I'm out
          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
          sigpic
          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

hhhmmm how about $15 plus cost plus shipping? lol... I just want to be covered plus a little. With my new cordless gun I can get a door panel off in just a couple minutes. If the holes are already drilled the motor will come out easy, if not I have ratcheting wrenches to use.

I'd imagine they'd want 10-15 for the glass, and shipping probably 15ish since its mildly heavy and will need a box over 12 inches.
            I'll make sure it latches well and the seal isn't obviously messed up, of course.
            I actually used to have one spare but it sold a while back.

Might get lucky and find that someone has already pulled the door panel... if I have less work to do to get it I'll definitely cut the 'service' cost, lol.
            I was there last weekend, but Im actually heading to that end of town for something else so I'll nab it while I'm out
            alright, sounds good. i really appreciate it.

1994 MGM GS Montigua
            2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

success!

Everything looks good on it, no slop in the latch, it just squeaks a little when you open the glass. Nothing some WD-40 won't fix...

hows $40 shipped sound?
              Attached Files
              sigpic

Comment

success!

Everything looks good on it, no slop in the latch, it just squeaks a little when you open the glass. Nothing some WD-40 won't fix...

hows $40 shipped sound?
                thanks a lot man. ive gotta drive about 30 miles to go to a good yard, and lately it seems like there have only been 90-91 aero boxes there.

1994 MGM GS Montigua
                2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

Working...
                X