• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you help this guy out?

http://winnipeg.kijiji.ca/c-cars-veh...AdIdZ238538044
    '79 Continental Town Car
    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
    '94 Crown Victoria

I can send him an e-mail chastising him mildly for using my picture of my car without my permission ......
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

It saddens me that Supermotors would allow such an atrocity! :lol: That said, beat his ass... My uncle lives a couple hours out of Winnipeg, I could always send him to do it. LOL
      1990 LTD Crown Vic w/ dead 5.0
      1984 Pontiac 6000 cammed 2.5L Iron Duke
      1986 F-150 300 6cyl 5spd.
      1994 Crown Vic... Free, bad trans?

Comment

I was all for helping till I saw he was looking to spend 1500.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I'm thinking most of the cars on here are worth a bit more than $1500. Mine not so much but the majority on here have some damn nice cars.
          1990 LTD Crown Vic w/ dead 5.0
          1984 Pontiac 6000 cammed 2.5L Iron Duke
          1986 F-150 300 6cyl 5spd.
          1994 Crown Vic... Free, bad trans?

Comment

Well, what an old POS is worth can be difficult to determine, but ....

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
            I was all for helping till I saw he was looking to spend 1500.
            .... considering that the car pictured has a pretty good deal more than that invested and probably still wouldn't pass inspection by his local safety Nazis .....

Comment

I have literally 7 times as much as what he is looking to spend into my vehicle. I do want to offload the car because it has been a tremendous money pit (not because of failing parts, but because of constantly making everything better) but it will be quite difficult when some choose to view these cars as granny mobiles and believe that the one around the corner from their house is better than the one I have. It would take a truly smart individual to sit down and actually read what has gone into the car to appreciate the price tag placed upon on. I for sure know I wont get the 11grand back that I have sunk into the car thus far and I also know that it would be pretty damn hard touch it for less than 6...I rather enjoy the car I built then let someone else enjoy it for pennies on the dollar. By that logic I may be sitting on the car for years to come, but it ain't anyone's concern but myself.
              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I have more than that just in the trans... sheesh.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Michael, you should add up all the receipts some day if you still have them laying around. And that total would still only be a partial total, as not all the receipts are there.

Comment

That really would be interesting. Potentially too scary to actually undertake, though!

For me, it's sufficient to know that my just personal investment in the vehicle is well in excess of what this dude wants to spend.

Though, for all the thing's faults (like rust, body mounts, and my lousy mechanical skills), after driving around in my New Rattlemobile for a few weeks, this thing feels like a luxury car! It's also as slow as a luxury car .... I really need to get around to giving the engine a checkup to see what I did wrong ..... need to save up for TW 190s for the old 351!

Comment

Working...
                    X