Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connector pin assignmet on 2003 MGM radio

Hello,
    I have to replace my factory radio in my 2003 MGM as it does not get all the FM stations here in Germany.
    It is a dual media radio wit AM/FM, cassette and single CD player.
    No additional cd changer in the trunk installed,no other units. Bone stock
    The type is 3W7T-18C868-AF (not 100% sure).
    Original radio comes with 2 rectangular and one sqarish connectors plus the antenna.
    Does anyone of you have a source where I can find the connector(s) pin assignment for all the three connectors?
    Which cable colour has which function-thats my question.

Thanks in advance, guys !

JoJo

http://p71interceptor.com/radio/
    1999 MGM LS - 54k - Toreador Red - Ultimate Pkg - RAS - KYB PI spec shocks - Addco bars - dual exhaust added - MT(no Z) - BOC 87 octane tune.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks, that helps me.

JoJo

Comment

Radio pinout???

Originally posted by nutz4mgm View Post
        Hi - Is this pinout chart definitive? I have a 2001 GM GS non-premium am/fm/cassette. The harness adapter I have does not match what is shown on the P71 website. I want to solder it to the Kenwood harness but the info is not consistent.

Comment

Since I'm sure this will help others here - below is the pinout info that I have found and seems to be correct. Please note that it is contrary to (different than) the P71 website information. If anyone sees any problems please post - thanks, Dave

Pin 1 - Dash Light Illumination
          Pin 2 - Dash Light Ground
          Pin 3 - Unused
          Pin 4 - Unused
          Pin 5 - Right Rear (+)
          Pin 6 - Right Rear (-)
          Pin 7 - Right Front (+)
          Pin 8 - Right Front (-)
          Pin 9 - 12 V Battery Constant (hot at all times)
          Pin 10 - 12 V Ignition switched (hot in acc or run)
          Pin 11 - 12 V ground (-)
          Pin 12 - Left Rear (+)
          Pin 13 - Left Rear (-)
          Pin 14 - Left Front (+)
          Pin 15 - Left Front (-)
          Pin 16 - Amplifier Ground

Comment

Originally posted by condor655 View Post
            Since I'm sure this will help others here - below is the pinout info that I have found and seems to be correct. Please note that it is contrary to (different than) the P71 website information. If anyone sees any problems please post - thanks, Dave

Pin 1 - Dash Light Illumination
            Pin 2 - Dash Light Ground
            Pin 3 - Unused
            Pin 4 - Unused
            Pin 5 - Right Rear (+)
            Pin 6 - Right Rear (-)
            Pin 7 - Right Front (+)
            Pin 8 - Right Front (-)
            Pin 9 - 12 V Battery Constant (hot at all times)
            Pin 10 - 12 V Ignition switched (hot in acc or run)
            Pin 11 - 12 V ground (-)
            Pin 12 - Left Rear (+)
            Pin 13 - Left Rear (-)
            Pin 14 - Left Front (+)
            Pin 15 - Left Front (-)
            Pin 16 - Amplifier Ground
            I hooked this up today and it worked properly for a 2001 MGM GS AM/FM/Cassette stock radio swap with a Kenwood unit. Again the pinout is different than is shown on the P71 site.

Comment

I cannot vouch for the P71 site, but the info agrees with the 1999 CrownVic/GM Wiring Diagrams provided by Ford.

I cannot vouch for Ford either. Both P71's and Condor655's pin-outs will produce sound. The important difference is in the speaker polarities. The one that gives you properly phased sound is the one to use. Play just the fronts, then just the backs, then just the lefts and then just the rights. If they all provide strong focused bass, you're good to go. Diffused and weak bass on any pair indicates a speaker with reversed polarity.
              1999 MGM LS - 54k - Toreador Red - Ultimate Pkg - RAS - KYB PI spec shocks - Addco bars - dual exhaust added - MT(no Z) - BOC 87 octane tune.

Comment

I should note that the OP was asking about a 2003 which does use a different connector than the 2001. My previous post was only addressing the 98-02 pin-out information in response to condor655.

Comment

Working...
                X