94' LS Heater problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

94' LS Heater problems

The other day I'm driving along with the heat on the defroster setting and I no longer feel hot air on my face. I reach up and touch the vent and it's blowing nothing but cold air. I tried messing with the temperature and heater settings over and over and it would never do anything but blow cold air (not a/c, outside temp. air. The a/c still works) Ever since I got the car, the floor setting for the heat never worked. A while back the fan would only work on maximum and made this terrible ticking noise from the dash. I replaced the fan regulator but the floor heater still never worked, and now this. I need heat it's already getting very cold here in Jersey. Fast responses would be great, thanks all.

Is this automatic temperature control? Sounds a lot like a blend door problem.

http://www.lincolnsonline.com/tech/00208.html
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I don't think it's automatic since I don't have push buttons like it's stating in that link. It's the standard up/down fan control and a slider for the temp, and slider for the a/c and heat locations. Is their any way to test for blend door problems with the manual setup?

Comment

IIRC the GM/CV didn't get the digital automatic climate control until 95. If you have temperature marking instead of just a blue/red line you have Auto. Also the bottom of the fan speed switch should say Auto as well.
        2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
        2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
        Past Panthers
        1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
        if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

^Yeah this is what I have, I can't use the same procedure to check it if I don't have an off button though right?

Comment

I'm almost positive it's the blend door. Does anyone have a good link to a write up or something on how to replace it?

Comment

I have stuff for the Towncar, GM/CV should be basically similar.

http://www.lincolnsonline.com/tech/00175.html

word of advice, replace the heater core while you're in there. Its not really any extra work, and chances are good that a week after you put the dash back together, the heater core will pop just out of spite.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                word of advice, replace the heater core while you're in there. Its not really any extra work, and chances are good that a week after you put the dash back together, the heater core will pop just out of spite.
                x2 if you plan on keeping the car any amount of time.

im going to be replacing my heater core soon before it goes. i definitley dont want that lingering smell of coolant.
                1988 MGM GS - Preferred Equipment Package 172A; InstaClear

1980 Lincoln Continental Coupe
                1994 MGM GS Montigua
                2005 F150 Lariat Scab 4x4 3.73 LS
                2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

Lol good idea guys thanks for the advice. How hard is it to access the core once you have the dash pulled off? Anyone have a ballpark idea on what all this would cost?

Comment

Working...
                  X