'79 Continental Town Car
    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
    '94 Crown Victoria

wouldn't that be a nice garage.....
    2002 Nissan Maxima 6spd 14.2@98mph "it may or may not be street legal"
    2009 Chevy HHR Panel - My office
    1988 Lincoln Town Car - The new love of my life

Comment

Duster? I could think of quite a few that could fill that slot.
      sigpic
      2009 GM, 45,000 miles
      ADDCO Sway Bars, METCO Control arms & Watts link, KYB CVPI shocks, 3.27 Track Lock, GT500 wheels, Eagle F1 Supercar tires, Walker dual exhaust, AFE Cold Air intake, ADTR ported upper manifold, Stillen Sport Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, Hypertech Programmer, 93 tune.

Comment

like the Dart GT... smaller car... same engine

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

No Road Runner, no Challenger, no Charger, no Cuda? What the hell? Aint no list.
          -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
          -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

I like that 300C.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ghorneck View Post
              Duster? I could think of quite a few that could fill that slot.
              Early 340 Dusters were quite fast.

I'd imagine they would give their 440 B body counterparts a run for their money.

But its not the Chrysler offering that evokes a muscle car image in my mind. An A12 Roadrunner or Super Bee would have been a better choice.

The Corvette isn't a muscle car. The Oldsmobile was kind of lame too... How can they include the early Olds, but not a W30 442, especially when the less popular GSX (which I love) makes the list? I look at the letter series Chryslers as a banker's hot rod, and not a muscle car (300G is my favorite). Muscle cars are generally mid sized, over engined, and not over-optioned.

There were a few cars that I can see being noteworthy in the beginning of the era. Maybe a '62/ '63 Chevy 409, or a '63/'64 R code Galaxie.

Overall, a poorly selected list that includes things other than muscle cars.
              **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
              **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
              **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
              **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

More than half that list weren't muscle cars.
                1984 CV tudor 351W, 4bbl, 5-speed best time in the 1/8 8.39 at 80 with 1.80 60ft time.
                2006 P71, 1988 Bronco II, 1986 Baby LTD(5.0 & T5 swap in progress), 1976 16' Hobie Cat, 12' AquaFinn
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651997 UPDATED 20100826
                sigpic

Comment

*clicks on link*

*sees first picture of 'muscle' cars is a Mustang*

*X out*
                  1997 Lincoln Town Car Executive Series - Charlene

Saved from a tragic fate, planned mild restoration. Now with working heat, perfect for the cold winter!

Comment

I can see the Chrysler 300 and the 340 Duster. The 300 being that it had a Hemi and the early hotrodders used those engines for their projects. Same with the Olds Rocket. Those engines were plucked many a time from their engine bays for other projects. Like P72Ford said, the A body Mopars had potential to run with the Chargers, Challengers, and Cudas (I think the E body version in '70). I don't know if any A body Mopars came with the Hemi. If any of them did, that would be the car to have. I don't agree with the list, but I understand the point he/she was trying to make. Should have included the late 50s and early 60s Caddy's. They had some fairly potent engines for their time.

Packman

Comment

Where's the Torino Cobra and Cyclone? Maurader? Cougar Eliminator? No doubt some nice machines but some of the great cars of the era have been omitted!
                      Summer car-> 1988 Lincoln Town Car, triple blue, 335,xxx km. New HO 5.0 in and running. Bought 2006/08/22. June 2017 PotM!
                      Winter vehicle-> 1995 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCab 4x4, 284,xxx+km. AKA "Brutus" 460/E4OD/4.10 axles and 12 MPG. Bought 2019/08/14

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
                        I can see the Chrysler 300 and the 340 Duster. The 300 being that it had a Hemi and the early hotrodders used those engines for their projects. Same with the Olds Rocket. Those engines were plucked many a time from their engine bays for other projects. Like P72Ford said, the A body Mopars had potential to run with the Chargers, Challengers, and Cudas (I think the E body version in '70). I don't know if any A body Mopars came with the Hemi. If any of them did, that would be the car to have. I don't agree with the list, but I understand the point he/she was trying to make. Should have included the late 50s and early 60s Caddy's. They had some fairly potent engines for their time.

Packman

Cuda/Challengers were A bodies IIRC

When I think muscle car I think factory purpose-built straight line cars. Olds 442, Chevelle SS396/454 etc
                        sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
                          Early 340 Dusters were quite fast.

I'd imagine they would give their 440 B body counterparts a run for their money.

But its not the Chrysler offering that evokes a muscle car image in my mind. An A12 Roadrunner or Super Bee would have been a better choice.

The Corvette isn't a muscle car. The Oldsmobile was kind of lame too... How can they include the early Olds, but not a W30 442, especially when the less popular GSX (which I love) makes the list? I look at the letter series Chryslers as a banker's hot rod, and not a muscle car (300G is my favorite). Muscle cars are generally mid sized, over engined, and not over-optioned.

There were a few cars that I can see being noteworthy in the beginning of the era. Maybe a '62/ '63 Chevy 409, or a '63/'64 R code Galaxie.

Overall, a poorly selected list that includes things other than muscle cars.
                          didn't see your post until now. you said what i did but better
                          sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
                            Cuda/Challengers were A bodies IIRC

When I think muscle car I think factory purpose-built straight line cars. Olds 442, Chevelle SS396/454 etc

Hmmmmm........I always thought the Barracudas, Darts/Valiants, and Dusters were A-bodies (the ligthest cars) and that the Cuda (restyled for '70) and Challenger were some other chassis?

In any event, probably should have included the Thunderbolt as well. Not exactly factory made per-se, but something that could be ordered and was quite respectable. Yes, I have a bias for those cars and the first Shelby Cobras.

Packman

Comment

I would do unspeakable things for a Thunderbolt or a Galaxie 7 litre.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X