i know this has been gone over before but i forgot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i know this has been gone over before but i forgot

i did do a thorough search here and on cvn. for some reason i could not dig up anything

will the hood from a 1988-91 Grand Marquis fit onto an 88-91 Crown Vic. i know they won't on the older boxes, but i was curious bout the newer ones. they look identical.
    Save a seal, club a liberal.

Now why would you do a thing like that?

Take some measurements...it might work.
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Now why would you do a thing like that?
      functional cowl induction(down the road when i throw another motor in there

Comment

i'm putting one of these fuckers in there

This 351ci small block will give your ride the power it needs! The GT-40 351ci engine features Ford Racings high flowing GT-40 aluminum cylinder heads with 1.94'' intake and 1.54'' exhaust valves, GT-40 valve train with hydraulic roller camshaft and roller rocker arms. The engine also includes a single plane Victor Jr. intake manifold, heavy duty 5.8L ''Sportsman II'' race block with 2-bolt main caps, 9.0:1 compression, oil and water pumps, dual sump oil pan, steel billet flywheel and a high performance harmonic balancer. With 385 HP @ 5500 RPM (with headers and a 780 cfm Holley carb, not included) and 377 ft/lbs of torque @ 4500 RPM, this engine is great for any kit car, street rod, Mustang, FOX body car, or truck. Depending on your application the timing cover, water pump, performance oil pan and pick-up may be required. This engine is great for limited budget projects. It's a fast, easy way to add performance in high or low mileage vehicles.
        either that or i'll get a sefi 5.8 out of a truck. should fit with a cowl

Comment

for the first month or so, im gonna go WITHOUT a hood, muhahaha

Comment

only prob i forsee is whether that block will mate up to an aod. i theoretically could go with a c-6. don't really do whole shitload of highway driving, and it would be one less band to burn out. fuel economy isn't really a concern either. if it was i'd be driving something a tad smaller

Comment

dude...

an AOD will bolt to it.

Comment

wasn't there a difference between the 351 blocks at some point tho(windsor vs cleveland)

i'm am not as well versed in the 351 as say the 5.0 or the 4.0

Comment

I belive a cleaveland will bolt up too.

Comment

if it will bolt to the aod, and with the mods i plan on making to the tranny i'll be fucking flying,lol

the k-code helps a bit

Comment

yeah I plan on getting one of those...K-codes, that is.

Comment

come to k code land........no 351 police cars araund anymore though..............the 351w, 351c 302, 289, 3.8 v6, 2.3 ohc all use the small block bellhousing. hood clearance should be fine guys as long as u use a carb
                        scott :hotwrench:

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnmania
                          come to k code land........no 351 police cars araund anymore though..............the 351w, 351c 302, 289, 3.8 v6, 2.3 ohc all use the small block bellhousing. hood clearance should be fine guys as long as u use a carb
                          scott :hotwrench:
                          thats def. good info to know, tho i have no intention of making an SVO crown vic,lol **cough** 2.3turbo **cough**

Comment

Yes, it will work. They are the same hoods. I believe the older grand marqs hood will work too. Just not the 87 and earlier Vic.

Comment

ooh a svo vic.........dont laugh you gan easilly get 400+ hp out of a turbo intercooled 2.3..............i used to have a 84 mustang svo
                              scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                              2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                              1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                              1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                              2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Working...
                              X