WTB: Wagon tailgate trim w/out 3rd brake light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB: Wagon tailgate trim w/out 3rd brake light

I'm looking to buy the piece of aluminum trim at the top of the tailgate for my Country Squire that holds the weatherstripping against the rear glass... Currently have the hole for the third brake light but looking for a trim piece WITHOUT the cutout for the brake light. Intention is to remove my 3rd brake light from the wagon...

Not sure if this is a rare item or not. Anybody help? I appreciate it, let me know.
    1986 Ford Contry Squire: HO engine swap, 3G alternator, 3.73 gears, rear air springs, Class III 8000 lb hitch... potential tow rig for my Blazer trail toy??

Rare part or is my description poor? Been looking in local junkyards and can't find any wagons at all, let alone the years I'm needing. Seems everything is either newer or older than the 80's....
    1986 Ford Contry Squire: HO engine swap, 3G alternator, 3.73 gears, rear air springs, Class III 8000 lb hitch... potential tow rig for my Blazer trail toy??

Comment

1984 and older did not have the 3rd light. I may have one on a tailgate in my storage shed. I'll check and let you know. WagonMan
      89 Colony Park
      90 Colony Park
      70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

You da man, lemme know!

Comment

parts wagons are getting hard to find

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Hi again. Sorry but the only thing missing on the tailgate is that trim piece. I don't even remember selling it. I must be getting old!
            WagonMan
            89 Colony Park
            90 Colony Park

Comment

i think i installed it on donalds wagon pete.....the rubber was perfect, and the non brake light one worked perfect for the rear wiper mod

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
              2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
              1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
              1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
              2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

I think you are right! I'm glad someones brain cells are alive! LOL!
                89 Colony Park
                90 Colony Park

Comment

Still looking to buy if anybody comes across one!

Comment

Working...
                  X