93 mgm have some upgrade questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

93 mgm have some upgrade questions

I have a 93 and a 92 MGM. I have a cop car pcm in the 93. I was looking at upgrading the motor. The 93 smokes like crazy when taking of or hard acceleration bad valve seals or rings but at 237k what can you expect. I was wondering the cheapest way to get some real power out of it. I was looking at doing the dohc pistons and rods, with pi cams and intake. The heads assembled are a little to pricey right now for my blood. I was also wondering if I could do the jmod to either one of the transmissions. I believe the 92 is the early block with the aod. Any help with what parts are interchangeable would be a great help between motors. Thanks.

Offroading the 93 MGM 238k. American Racing wheels, Toyo Open Country tires. 3.27 gears. Xenon HID headlights. All others LED's. Cop Car PCM
    92 MGM basically stock winter beater with 235/75R15 Goodyear Wranglers.

cheapest way on the 93 is to find a 99 up Performance Improved motor from a Mustang and install it.

on the 92, read scotts thread about installing a 302 and bolt it up to the AOD.
    2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
    89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
    88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

cept use a 351 on the 92

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I was trying to do it with ebay parts if possible. I like the engines just want to up them a little. I do have a set of 98 mustang heads which are still the non-pi heads. I was looking to port and polish them to the pi intake gaskets. Get a set of pi cams and with the dohc pistons and rods it would up the compression with the stock block. I am thinking to leave the 92 as my winter beater for now and build up or rebuild the 93.

Offroading the 93 MGM 238k. American Racing wheels, Toyo Open Country tires. 3.27 gears. Xenon HID headlights. All others LED's. Cop Car PCM

Comment

I need to comment on this, but I'm too tired to do that right now. I'll catch you in the am.

-ryan s.
          08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
          03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
          97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
          94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
          73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
          12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
          Originally posted by pantera77
          Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Does anyone know if 2004 mountaineer heads will fit on a 93 marquis. Thanks.

Comment

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=25194

You should really read this first, and them ask some questions mang.
              You can J-mod the AODE and the 4R70W. Not so much the AOD's.
              -Underdrive pulleys
              -dual exhaust
              -3.73 or 4.10 gears
              -MSD coil parks
              -Spark plug wires
              -electric fan
              -pi heads
              -pi intake
              -bigger trottle body
              -aluminum drive shaft
              -j-mod
              -headers
              -cold air intake
              -ported upper plenum
              -nitrous
              -hi performance water pump
              -spark plugs
              -bigger injectors
              -bigger MAF (ie Marauder 80mm)
              -tune to match bigger MAF

and of course
              -turbo(s)
              -centerfugal supercharger
              -roots/twin screw supercharger

or
              -4.6 DOHC
              -5.0 HO
              -5.0 DOHC
              -5.4 SOHC
              -5.4 DOHC
              -6.8 SOHC

it's all up to you

-ryan s.
              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
              97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--

Comment

Thanks for the info I just got a set of pi heads. Will now be looking for the intake.

Comment

Junkyard or you can get a performance one. Check LethalPerformance.com or 50resto.com
                  Anything for a 99-03 mustang GT intake will work. TFS makes a bad ass one. So does typhoon. But the price may be a small factor. But the TFS one has bosses you can knock out (for a wet shot) and it's built for nitrous application. Just sayin'.

-ryan s.
                  03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

I was looking at doing the mzt but I would have to chip the pcm and not looking to spend that kinda money right now. I will be installing the heads and throttle body just looking at intakes and deciding on which one.

Comment

I have the bigger throttle body installed on the car now that was fun modifying the shaft to the half shaft to make it fit my car. But man was it worth it for the power boost and throttle response. Step on it and now it squats and goes like it should. Is there any other way to install the MZT without having to chip the pcm or will the pcm just adjust to the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by stingerrevo View Post
                        now that was fun modifying the shaft to the half shaft to make it fit my car..
                        ? What half shaft?
                        I'm still missing my throttle body. (I'm just making ruckus)

And you need a tune for the bigger MAF. You car will not "learn" it. It's a 93 mang. It doesn't even have OBDII.

-ryan s.
                        03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Originally posted by stingerrevo View Post
                          I have the bigger throttle body installed on the car now that was fun modifying the shaft to the half shaft to make it fit my car. But man was it worth it for the power boost and throttle response. Step on it and now it squats and goes like it should. Is there any other way to install the MZT without having to chip the pcm or will the pcm just adjust to the difference.
                          whats the story behind your sig pic?
                          1988 MGM GS - Preferred Equipment Package 172A; InstaClear

1980 Lincoln Continental Coupe
                          1994 MGM GS Montigua
                          2005 F150 Lariat Scab 4x4 3.73 LS
                          2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by rick99601 View Post
                            whats the story behind your sig pic?
                            When i was at school I really had nothing to do so I took the car out muddying with the trucks and jeeps. It really went almost anywhere I took it with the 235/70R15 goodyears on it. I was stuck in the picture but someone had dug a big rut that I was on the edge of and slid into the big whole and was stuck on my axle. The little 4 banger jeep had to pull me out of that one. Had loads of fun with it though. Haven't really heard of other people doing it with a Marquis. I also drove it through creaks, rivers, power lines, and 2 track trails through the woods. I have loads more pics doing that.

Comment

How's the frame on your '93 after all those adventures??
                              '79 Continental Town Car
                              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Working...
                              X