Comp XE258 cam fits...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comp XE258 cam fits...

alright its been a big debate wether or not the comp xe258 cam will fit PTV wise in a LOPO bottom end...I finally got the thing and slammed it in and it does. With 1.6RR's, 10 thou milled off GT40P heads, and standard .041" head gaskets I have .150" PTV clearance on the exhaust valve, and .080 on the intake. This is installed straight up no advance or retard. New GT40P's are on and need to build the rest, will have it running for monday so i'll let ya's know how this cam works.
    Finally have an on the books porting/custom fab business!
    HO bottom end,GT40Ps,cut/welded/ported upper+lower GT40 intakes,Comp XE258 cam,MS3X megasquirt computer,8 LS2 coils,2 dry systems + a 3rd wet,3 core rad w fans..1100hp Lentech WR AOD,custom 4" aluminum/moly Dshaft,custom rear/back half chassis adjustable 4link,wilwood 4 piston,moser 9" axles,locker, M/T 30x12's,4 staged fuel pumps,100lbs sound insulation,power/remote everything,2000W sound.4480lbs. 4.5s 0-60,12.8 1/4

Well, get it running.

Comment

which part no is it? there are two part num 35-510-8 and 35-512-8 the 510 one has the high lift
      89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

hmm......

You have GT40Ps....I wonder....it would probably work with TW heads then....

hmmm....
        Last edited by hemihotrod402; 11-14-2010, 05:04 PM.
        Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
        New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

i want to see this thing go down the track, make sure to take vids!!
          89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

Originally posted by zoomie View Post
            i want to see this thing go down the track, make sure to take vids!!
            THIS

I kinda want to see a dyno run too.....
            Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
            New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

part number 35-510-8... its the high lift .533 and .544. Got the dual springs put on my heads to for .550 lift.

i'm done work, gunna have some quick dinner, and go out in the garage to finish it up and i'll take a vid of the big startup tonight.

She did 0-60 in 8.7 seconds with stock tranny and 4000RPM shift points with this motor and stock stang cam, so I can't wait to see what this does, and tranny swap will be in january so i can hold it to 5500RPM and no major slipping on shifts or the 3rd shift and bog at 50mph either. Here's the motor at the moment...

[IMG][/IMG]
              Finally have an on the books porting/custom fab business!
              HO bottom end,GT40Ps,cut/welded/ported upper+lower GT40 intakes,Comp XE258 cam,MS3X megasquirt computer,8 LS2 coils,2 dry systems + a 3rd wet,3 core rad w fans..1100hp Lentech WR AOD,custom 4" aluminum/moly Dshaft,custom rear/back half chassis adjustable 4link,wilwood 4 piston,moser 9" axles,locker, M/T 30x12's,4 staged fuel pumps,100lbs sound insulation,power/remote everything,2000W sound.4480lbs. 4.5s 0-60,12.8 1/4

Comment

P-U-R-D-Y purdy. I don't know a whole lot about your particular cam. Does it play nice with a stock computer or are you going to have to tune it?
                Originally posted by gadget73
                There is nothing more permanent than a temporary fix.
                91 Mercury CP, Lopo 302, AOD, 3.08LSD. 3g upgrade, Moog wagon coils up front, cc819s in the back. KYB GR-2 police shocks. Energy suspension control arm bushings. Smog deleted.
                93 F-150 XLT, 302, ZF 5-spd from 1-ton, 4wd.
                Daily--07 Civic Coupe. Bone stock with 25k miles
                Wife--14 Subaru Outback. 6-speed.
                95 Subaru Legacy Wagon--red--STOLEN 1/6/13

Comment

Holy shit.

Now i have a crazy engine build idea.

Comment

cool. I always liked those valve covers.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I hope everything works out for you. You have been having pretty bad luck with the engine build and I hope everything turns out fine this time.
                      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by merc91 View Post
                        part number 35-510-8... its the high lift .533 and .544. Got the dual springs put on my heads to for .550 lift.

i'm done work, gunna have some quick dinner, and go out in the garage to finish it up and i'll take a vid of the big startup tonight.

She did 0-60 in 8.7 seconds with stock tranny and 4000RPM shift points with this motor and stock stang cam, so I can't wait to see what this does, and tranny swap will be in january so i can hold it to 5500RPM and no major slipping on shifts or the 3rd shift and bog at 50mph either. Here's the motor at the moment...

[IMG][/IMG]
                        I like it alot!!!!!!!!! Where'd you get those valve covers? And do you need a spacer to run them?

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                          I like it alot!!!!!!!!! Where'd you get those valve pans? And do you need a spacer to run them?
                          Fixed.
                          There is nothing more permanent than a temporary fix.
                          91 Mercury CP, Lopo 302, AOD, 3.08LSD. 3g upgrade, Moog wagon coils up front, cc819s in the back. KYB GR-2 police shocks. Energy suspension control arm bushings. Smog deleted.
                          93 F-150 XLT, 302, ZF 5-spd from 1-ton, 4wd.
                          Daily--07 Civic Coupe. Bone stock with 25k miles
                          Wife--14 Subaru Outback. 6-speed.
                          95 Subaru Legacy Wagon--red--STOLEN 1/6/13

Comment

look like plain old motorsport finned VC's. They make EFI versions.

Looks great.
                            Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

if you really want to get technical about it, they're rocker covers but who's counting.

Is it soup yet ?
                              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                              X