WTB: Duraspark II ignition box, wiring, distributor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB: Duraspark II ignition box, wiring, distributor

Looking for a Duraspark II ignition box with the blue rubber insulator/damper around the wires. must have complete-ish wiring

I'm also looking for a vacuum advance distributor from a 351W Duraspark engine (yeah, it's a longshot).

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
    160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
    waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Best bet for the module and distributor? Autozone or similar. Total probably $130US. RockAuto probably has them as well. I would *assume* they have the option for either the steel or iron gear like Autozone offers with 302 distributors ...

Supposedly, the wiring is difficult if not impossible to find new, but whittling your own is always an option.
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Thanks. I didn't think parts stores would carry non-maintanence parts that old. I'll give them a shout.

However, if someone has a good price on originals (especially with wiring intact) I'd be interested to hear from you.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
      160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
      waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

Comment

Meh, I kind of think of them as maintenance parts, as distributors wear out eventually and modules can fail. Heck, some people have stupid trouble just keeping the inductive pickups going!

I would point out the possibility of using any other ignition box that can be triggered by a DSII distributor, but from the other thread I'm getting the idea you have a reason for wanting to look stock .....

Comment

the duraspark wiring is still in tact in my old '81 merc. only thing i took, was the box. harness and dissy still in the car.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
          1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
          1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
          2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
          2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
            Meh, I kind of think of them as maintenance parts, as distributors wear out eventually and modules can fail. Heck, some people have stupid trouble just keeping the inductive pickups going!

I would point out the possibility of using any other ignition box that can be triggered by a DSII distributor, but from the other thread I'm getting the idea you have a reason for wanting to look stock .....
            technically speaking, the popo can have your car impounded for ANY perceived "performance" modification in Ontario. Hence the general attempt to have the car appear stock with the hood popped, as opposed to "MSD HYFIRE" and "DEMON" and such words plastered over things.

Good point though, hell my current distributor is probably past it's prime itself.

Marquisman, I'll be shooting you a PM when I get a better idea of how much a parts-store DSII would cost, and if it comes with wiring.

Comment

yea, the laws here are total ass when it comes to vehicle mods. also, just let me know man. dont hesitate to ask for anything. never know, just might have it lol

Comment

Good grief. Sounds like time to write to your local legislators asking them to change whatever part of the impounding-for-mods thing is legitimate, and to help prevent whatever part isn't.

Comment

it's what happens when a few influential people's kids wrap fast cars around trees. Most of the cars were showroom stock, but I digress.

Picked up the DSII module today new at carquest. Came with wiring harness.

Still looking for a nice 351W DSII distributor.

Comment

the dissy in my old '81 is in a 302/5L.

Comment

Came with the harness? Nifty.

Definitely time to vote out some local legislators up there .... :nonono:

Comment

heh. trouble is they're people I would never vote for anyway.

Comment

Entertainingly, I received an e-mail today from Speedway Motors advertising their sale on this: http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Garage...10+Garage+Sale

Comment

Bump. ^^ interesting, but not switching to HEI.

I'm looking for something 100% factory stock or direct equivelant.

Comment

does this help

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/attachme...1&d=1292203657

Comment

Working...
                              X