1988 Crown Vic P-72 for sale 76K miles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1988 Crown Vic P-72 for sale 76K miles

From a friend on Copcar.com.... If anyone is interested, send me a PM, and I'll send you his information to get a hold of him. He lives in Louisianna....

Seems Like I always come up with this near the holidays but this is my last shot (REALLY) with this one. I had said last time I would not list it again but I am listing it one last time before it's demise. I had listed it last year at this time and it did not sell. I tried a couple of different things over the last year but none of them panned out either.

This is a really clean solid 1988 Police LTD Crown Vic, with a 302 HO, EFI, 76k miles. It is in excellent condition. Even has power windows, unheard of for a package car in that year, (around HERE). But that is because the city I got it from bought all police cars for every dept that needed a car, in those years, and they upgraded. This was the water dept supt's car. NEVER USED AS A POLICE CAR AT ALL. A solid 22 year old survivor. It has the nice 50/50 velour buckets with matching rear seats and carpets.

I cranked it the other day for the first time in almost 2 months and it fired up on the the first turn of the key, no gas, me on the outside. Runs smooth as silk. I have held onto this car for almost 9 years and I have over $2500 in it. I purposely never placed it or advertised it where it might become a donk, hoping SOMEONE might want a good used police car for a resto, or just because it is a copcar. And there is someone who wants it locally, a friend of mine. He has been beating on me for it and his offers for the car have gone up slowly over the last year and a half. But I have resisted selling to HIM, because he just wants and is only buying the motor/drivetrain for his 66 Mustang!! He will return the body to me, but that will be a sad, sad ending to such a nice car.

So this is it. The car is available for the same money that he is offering to save it being scrapped for the engine, $1.400.00. Something has to go, as I need the funds for other projects and as I've said before I have to narrow my focus. I HATE THIS but I cannot save them all. Though I did save it for NINE YEARS.
    ANY of you think you might want this car TALK TO ME THIS WEEK!!!
    Here's pics:

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
    Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

damn that looks like a nice car. That aint bad price either. wish it had the 351 though

Comment

hell... I'll post around for folks I know IRL. If I hadn't bought the Mark... I'd be all over this.

This Mark is becoming a bit of an albatross for me. grrr.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

i dont think id put a lopo/aod that have 70k miles on 'em in my '66 mustang.
        1988 MGM GS - Preferred Equipment Package 172A; InstaClear

1980 Lincoln Continental Coupe
        1994 MGM GS Montigua
        2005 F150 Lariat Scab 4x4 3.73 LS
        2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

That car would do WELL on ebay if nobody here buys it...

Comment

you should buy it trw
            sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

IF I had the place to put it, I Would buy it... I have enough cars!

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
              Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

Comment

Nonsense! You've got two! Three is a good time.
                sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
                  Nonsense! You've got two! Three is a good time.
                  :smirk:
                  '79 Continental Town Car
                  '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                  '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Working...
                  X