Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

will a fox chassis 460/429 oil pan and mount kit kit my 1984 colony park?

well, the motor mounts attach to the frame in a completely different manner than on a Fox, so I'm gonna say no on that. Oil pan, not sure but I'd bet it would work.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

The oil pan should work, as panthers share an oil pan with the fox bodies.
      Owner of the only known 5 speed box wagon with a lift kit.
      AKA, Herkimer the Hillbilly SUV.

Axle codes
      Open/Lock/Ratio #
      -----------------------
      G / H / 2.26
      B / C / 2.47
      8 / M / 2.73
      7 / - / 3.07
      Y / Z / 3.08
      4 / D / 3.42
      F / R / 3.45
      5 / E / 3.27
      6 / W / 3.73
      2 / K / 3.55
      A / - / 3.63
      J / - / 3.85

Comment

then who or where would i go to find such mounts?

Comment

I highly doubt there are off-the-shelf mounts you'll find labelled as 460 in panther chassis. You could probably find some mounts in the junkyard close enough after a few tries, but if you have a decent budget having them fabricated may be your best bet. Talk to a hotrodding or racing shop and they'll probably be able to help you out.

Also, if you're serious about this I'm sure people would love to see pictures, so keep us posted.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
          160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
          waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

maybe Torino chassis mounts are close enough to be adapted.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

The oil pan is the only bolt in part.... everything else will have to be fabbed.

There was a conversion on crownvic.net done. There might be a build thread.

It's not a bolt in swap by any means. And from what I remember, a very poor performer.
              Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Big-Bl...ount,1198.html
                http://www.speedwaymotors.com/429-46...unts,7633.html

just have to weld them to your chassis
                http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
                http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

i've dealt with speedway motors on many occasions, but i don't think there enough room to mount the crossmember and the mount set up, i used the exact set up for speed way to put a 351 w in a 88 wrangler jeep once, but jeeps have nothing but two parrellel frame rails up front.

Comment

and the thread on cvn the guy mentions he "slightly customized" some fox mounts he got off ebay. nut never really says much more.

Comment

Originally posted by 1984colonypark View Post
                      and the thread on cvn the guy mentions he "slightly customized" some fox mounts he got off ebay. nut never really says much more.
                      Yes, that's about where it stops. I've got his Speedwaymotors (or whatever it is) photo account on my other computer....with fairly detailed pictures....of this particular swap.

Comment

do you know where i could find the such mounts the gentlemen spoke of?

Comment

I haven't been around here as much as I like to be lately, but isn't there a memberon this forum with a 460 Country Squire. Wasn't the username MustangBob or sumtin like that.

Packman

Comment

Mustang Bob has a sedan with a 460 in it.

His wagon has a 427 windsor stroker.
                            **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                            **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                            **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                            **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

yes the 460 fox pan is what i used, it fits perfect, i used 71 Lincoln Mark motor mounts, you need the whole mount, frame mount and all, i welded mine but you could probably drill some holes and bolt them in. i put my engine and trans in together, had to remove the wiper housing to get it in, there is clearance to put it back on after the engine is in.

Comment

Working...
                              X